Draft order and who gets what?

Just took a look at the draft order.  Lets say the Broncos "win" the Cousins sweepstakes. I see maybe 4 QB's going before our pick at 21. Without any trades, and assuming we take a QB in the first round. Big question, Do the Browns take a QB in the first round or fill other holes on the roster. They obviously thought TT was worth giving up a great pick for so I'll say the Browns go a different direction in the first. Do the Colts pick a QB?? Not likely,  lot of people seem to think Lucks injury is healed well enough Indy will stick with him.  That leaves the Jets, the Cardinals and maybe the Dolphins taking a QB in round 1.  If the Phins pass; one of the top 3 QB's in this years draft falls right into our lap with out us doing a thing.  This is a definite possibility especially if one or two of these teams get a guy in FA. Another argument against trading up in the first.

1. Cleveland Browns  
2. New York Giants
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Cleveland Browns from Houston Texans
5. Denver Broncos
6. New York Jets
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Chicago Bears
9. San Francisco 49ers
10. Oakland Raiders
11. Miami Dolphins
12. Cincinnati Bengals
13. Washington Redskins
14. Green Bay Packers
15. Arizona Cardinals
16. Baltimore Ravens
17. Los Angeles Chargers
18. Seattle Seahawks
19. Dallas Cowboys
20. Detroit Lions
21. Buffalo Bills
22. Buffalo Bills from Kansas City Chiefs

18 minutes ago, Bornafan66 said:

Just took a look at the draft order.  Lets say the Broncos "win" the Cousins sweepstakes. I see maybe 4 QB's going before our pick at 21. Without any trades, and assuming we take a QB in the first round. Big question, Do the Browns take a QB in the first round or fill other holes on the roster. They obviously thought TT was worth giving up a great pick for so I'll say the Browns go a different direction in the first. Do the Colts pick a QB?? Not likely,  lot of people seem to think Lucks injury is healed well enough Indy will stick with him.  That leaves the Jets, the Cardinals and maybe the Dolphins taking a QB in round 1.  If the Phins pass; one of the top 3 QB's in this years draft falls right into our lap with out us doing a thing.  This is a definite possibility especially if one or two of these teams get a guy in FA. Another argument against trading up in the first.

1. Cleveland Browns  
2. New York Giants
3. Indianapolis Colts
5. Denver Broncos
6. New York Jets
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Chicago Bears
9. San Francisco 49ers
10. Oakland Raiders
11. Miami Dolphins
12. Cincinnati Bengals
13. Washington Redskins
14. Green Bay Packers
15. Arizona Cardinals
16. Baltimore Ravens
17. Los Angeles Chargers
18. Seattle Seahawks
19. Dallas Cowboys
20. Detroit Lions
21. Buffalo Bills

So you're saying without trades (there will be) and if Cleveland takes 2 not QBs (they are taking QB...promise) and if the Broncos get Cousins (even though Minny is reported to have him on lock) we could have whatever QB is leftover, you know AFTER 2 of our division rivals get their pick?

Cool.

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

So you're saying without trades (there will be) and if Cleveland takes 2 not QBs (they are taking QB...promise) and if the Broncos get Cousins (even though Minny is reported to have him on lock) we could have whatever QB is leftover, you know AFTER 2 of our division rivals get their pick?

Cool.

Teams usually trade up to jump a team that is about to draft a QB. In the top 10 I see the Browns, Giants and Jets that need a QB and the Giants may take Barkley.

I think Oakland's phone is going to be blowing up with calls.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Cool.

Oh there will be trades, who trades up to get a QB? My point is; there are only a couple of teams that need to get a QB in the first round. (depending on what happens in FA.) My other point is; we don't need to trade up in the first to get a quality QB. Do the Phins take a QB in the first? They definitely need another one, but in the first? Probably not. 

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Teams usually trade up to jump a team that is about to draft a QB. In the top 10 I see the Browns, Giants and Jets that need a QB and the Giants may take Barkley.

I don't know if anyone moves to 10 to get a QB. Jets are at 6 and the Cards are at 11. If the Phins still like Tannehill as the starter they don't take a guy in the first. Who goes up to 10 to get a QB?

17 minutes ago, Bornafan66 said:

Oh there will be trades, who trades up to get a QB? My point is; there are only a couple of teams that need to get a QB in the first round. (depending on what happens in FA.) My other point is; we don't need to trade up in the first to get a quality QB. Do the Phins take a QB in the first? They definitely need another one, but in the first? Probably not. 

I don't know if anyone moves to 10 to get a QB. Jets are at 6 and the Cards are at 11. If the Phins still like Tannehill as the starter they don't take a guy in the first. Who goes up to 10 to get a QB?

I wouldn't rule out the Redskins, I know they got Alex Smith, maybe they draft for the future? Cards at 15, Ravens and Chargers may want to move up too.

20 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

If you want "your guy" and it's not who Cleveland will pick, need to get ahead of the Broncos. If you have 2-3 guys and your content with any of them you still run a risk being the Cleveland, Denver and Jets likely all go QB Rd1. 

Cousins signing with Denver/Jets, would of course alter that. As of now can't bank on it happening.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I wouldn't rule out the Redskins, I know they got Alex Smith, maybe they draft for the future? Cards at 15, Ravens and Chargers may want to move up too.

You're right the Cards are at 15 I stated they were at 11. Phins are at 11.  I agree the Ravens and Chargers need to plan for the future. Do they trade up this year to do it? I don't think so.

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If you want "your guy" and it's not who Cleveland will pick, need to get ahead of the Broncos. If you have 2-3 guys and your content with any of them you still run a risk being the Cleveland, Denver and Jets likely all go QB Rd1. 

Cousins signing with Denver/Jets, would of course alter that. As of now can't bank on it happening.

This FA period is going to have a larger impact on the draft and the QB position, than ever before. Next week is going to be great.  There's going to be a lot of college QB's talking to their agents and saying "$chit, there goes another million!" 

55 minutes ago, Bornafan66 said:

1. Cleveland Browns  
2. New York Giants
3. Indianapolis Colts
5. Denver Broncos
6. New York Jets
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Chicago Bears
9. San Francisco 49ers
10. Oakland Raiders
11. Miami Dolphins
12. Cincinnati Bengals
13. Washington Redskins
14. Green Bay Packers
15. Arizona Cardinals
16. Baltimore Ravens
17. Los Angeles Chargers
18. Seattle Seahawks
19. Dallas Cowboys
20. Detroit Lions
21. Buffalo Bills

Honestly, who I think might be interested in the top QB prospects would be nearly half the teams between 1 and 21.  Even if  they have a young QB at present they might see somebody in the draft who is clearly superior and draft him.  

1. Cleveland.  Kizer's gone.  Even if they sign a FA they still need to think about the future.

2. Giants.  Eli is in his late thirties and a high ceiling guy would be hard to pass up.

3. Colts.  Luck healthy?  If not they may need to address QB sooner than later even with a multitude of other needs.

4. Cleveland.  Most logical spot to make some kind of move and get Barkley at 1.

5. Broncos.  The ship known as Cousins appears headed out to sea w/o them.

6.Jets. Another situation where even a FA signing means drafting a QB for the near future.

11.Dolphins.  Maybe they are satisfied with Tannehill and more than likely they want an upgrade.

12.Bengals.  The Bengals and Dalton are like a failed marriage where somebody is asking for a divorce pretty soon.

16.Ravens.  Flacco is streaky.  Maybe the next guy won't quite as streaky.

17.Chargers. Rivers is getting up there and can't think of a guy to take his place at present if he ages this season.

19.Cowboys. If a guy falls Jones may not pass up an opportunity if Jones thinks there is more upside than with Prescott.  Allows Jones to run the QB position on rookie money longer than he previously anticipated plus gets a good pick for Prescott in a trade.  Probably the least likely to grab a QB but you never know with JJ.