The UAW is all about class

Link

Another heartwarming story of union workers looking out for, um, themselves exclusively.

Marines at nearby Marine Corps Reserve Center say on Tuesday morning, the director of security at the UAW told them that while they support the troops, Marines driving foreign vehicles or sporting a President George Bush bumper sticker were no longer welcome to park there.

Good thing they "support the troops."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant find a link now, but dont forget all those leftist college kids protesting the military recruitment centers with huge protests and hurling insults at the recruiters.

But hey....they "Support the Troops" and arent "anti-American".

Maybe the Marines should be consistant in this situation as well?  Maybe a full frontal assault?

270956[/snapback]

As long as the marines are attacking a foreign power for the protection of America.

More Coverage

"You either support the Marines or you don't," said Lt. Col. Joe Rutledge, commanding officer of the battalion's active duty instructors. "I'm telling my Marines that they're no longer parking there."

At a time when U.S. armed forces are fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan, quibbling over parking privileges is "silly," Rutledge said.

But there is some good news:

The UAW has a long history of barring foreign-made cars from its parking lots. The subject is touchier than ever as Detroit's Big Three loses market share, driving down union membership.

Wonder why the "Big Three" is having such a hard time.

But I got the protection of America part right, didn't I?

273945[/snapback]

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

273956[/snapback]

What's that "(or affirm)" part? Some kind of appeasement for people who don't like the word swear?

273956[/snapback]

I'll have to get the ahold of the ACLU to get the God part out... ;)

C'mon Liberals/Democrats/Union Supporters/Hippies.  Where are your excuses for this?

270941[/snapback]

I have a problem with the part about bumper stickers, and NO, not because I voted for Bush. I believe in freedom of speech.

As for the parking of foreign cars, I support their decision. It is after all an American car plant.

Blast away.

I have a problem with the part about bumper stickers, and NO, not because I voted for Bush. I believe in freedom of speech.

As for the parking of foreign cars, I support their decision. It is after all an American car plant.

Blast away.

274873[/snapback]

And I'm sure not one of them owns anything in their house made in a foriegn country. Yeah. Right. Nothing more than hypocritical bullies.

You support them telling a young Marine who makes about $1200 a month what kind of car he can afford to drive? Uh, OK.