Offseason hopes/predictions....

10 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

If Cousins end up in a Vikings uniform there is no chance he is still on the board at 7.

There is no way to justify giving up that much draft capital. 3 1st a 2nd?

Edited by CuddyDark

1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

dumbest trade in NFL history. Rosen will probably\y be on board at 7, 8, 9, 10 and most likely 11.

Pffffft. You're dreaming.

9 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Cool! We'll just play....um...WHO at quarterback, again?

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

If you land your franchise guy no one is gonna complain about giving that up.  This is why they made all the moves last year.  They can overpay to get their guy without really overpaying.  You really only lose a 1st next year.

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Again, dumbest trade in NFL history. The dumbest.

I would truly love to hear your idea for the quarterback position. We haven't had a good one for 20 years. Why not go another 20, right?

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I would truly love to hear your idea for the quarterback position. We haven't had a good one for 20 years. Why not go another 20, right?

I would surely draft a QB. I wouldn't overrate a QB and pay a ransom for him when he's not worth it. None of the QBs in this draft are as good as Wentz. If you want to trade 2 first in this years draft cool. If it was Luck or Wentz I'd agree with you guys but because it's not I wont.

4 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Ok, what's your answer to the qb problem then?

Draft a QB.

Edited by CuddyDark

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I would surely draft a QB. I wouldn't overrate a QB and pay a ransom for him when he's not worth it. None of the QBs in this draft are as good as Wentz. If you want to trade 2 first in this years draft cool. If it was Luck or Wentz I'd agree with you guys but because it's not I wont.

Draft a QB.

....Which one? I'm just curious who you like instead. You clearly have a conviction on Rosen and the other "top guys", so you must have a conviction who you think the Bills CAN get for a reasonable cost. Jackson? Rudolph?

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Draft a QB.

So you would just do what they have been doing the last 20 years.  Let the 5th or 6th rated qb fall to you and pray this guy is somehow different then all the other 2nd tier qbs of the last 20 years.  It's rare a 5th or 6th rated qb works out in the NFL.  So by going this route odds are in 2 years you would be back to where you began with no qb.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

....Which one? I'm just curious who you like instead. You clearly have a conviction on Rosen and the other "top guys", so you must have a conviction who you think the Bills CAN get for a reasonable cost. Jackson? Rudolph?

I think Jackson and Rudolph can be had at 21-32. Rudolph probably in the 2nd round. I don't have a conviction on any of them because they're not conviction QBs. None are good enough to be Wentz or Luck or Manning or any QB like that. If I had to choose I'd take Darnold or Mayfield before Rosen, and Allen I wouldn't take in the top 10.

11 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

So you would just do what they have been doing the last 20 years.  Let the 5th or 6th rated qb fall to you and pray this guy is somehow different then all the other 2nd tier qbs of the last 20 years.  It's rare a 5th or 6th rated qb works out in the NFL.  So by going this route odds are in 2 years you would be back to where you began with no qb.

Actually I said I would trade two first and move in the post you quote. I would not trade next years first or a 2nd this year plus two first. They're not worth that value IMO. These are all QBs you have to build. None come off as plug and play, 3 first round draft pick QBs.

Edited by CuddyDark

My only hope is for Beane and McDermott to continue to develop this "process" and make it become something special.

Players come and go and I want OBD to become the "strength" of this organization.

After just hearing Vontae Davis on the John Murphy Show talk about McDermott and OBD being so different compared

to the other teams he visited, well that makes me feel we just might have something here.