TD and CO., can we sign Womack, please!

JP-era

Say what you will, but I firmly believe its a HUGE mistake to be so close, lose 2 important and solid players (Williams and Jennings) and not replace them.

Why sit on all that cap cash? How silly. Last year Philly put themselves in the SB by grabbing a few studs. This year it looks like the Vikes. If they sign Burress, and draft M Williams, plus trade for Darius. They would have made a few big grabs and put themselves into SB contention.

Why we arent doing this I have no idea, for the life of me.

If we think we can become 1/2 Pitt (young guy at QB, solid WR, great D) and then 1/2 NE (no names across our o-line) and get to the SB, were talking bigtime crash and burn, IMO!!!! We can never be the Pats, their combo of incredible coaching and a top 5 QB who wants to be paid like a bordeline starter cant be replicated...EVER!!! Stop trying, this recipe wont work here.

The Bills are weighing WAY to heavily on JP's legs. The guy needs to have the time to sit in there and make good decisions. Having time to throw will immensely help his learning curve. If you throw the guy into a porous line, you can expect him to be rattled, make lots of mistakes, and run alot.

Adding Womack is, at face value, a downgrade to Jennings at LT. If TEague is set to go to LT, maybe our LT position doesnt suffer, I cant remember how well Teague played at LT. At LG Womack is a HUGE upgrade.

Question is, if Teague goes to LT, maybe Womack at LG, who plays C?

MY guess is that the Bills believe David Baas will drop to their pick in the 2nd. They have been watching him and scouting him, he plays both G and C. He is the next Steve Hutchinson and would be a bigtime pickup.

So far, we have done jack squat as far as upgrading our ON THE FIELD team (Holcombe is gonna sit the bench if you remember). Yet, TD called out his O as being subpar. Apparently, you can move up by taking away from your talent? :lol:

Get Womack!

Say what you will, but I firmly believe its a HUGE mistake to be so close, lose 2 important and solid players (Williams and Jennings) and not replace them.

Adding Womack is, at face value, a downgrade to Jennings at LT. If TEague is set to go to LT, maybe our LT position doesnt suffer, I cant remember how well Teague played at LT. At LG Womack is a HUGE upgrade.

Get Womack!

270498[/snapback]

Just a question. How many times have you seen Womack play? Have you studied film on the guy to say he is a HUGE upgrade from what we have now?

since when is Tom Brady a top 5 QB in your eyes?  I thought he was a bum who couldn't carry the jocks of 1st-round QB's

270516[/snapback]

Hey, you guys are the ones who keep claiming this.

Whats your point? The guy has 3 SB rings. That alone is worth something. I think he is a clown who would suck for any other team. But leading a team to 3 SB rings and then asking to be paid like a avergae QB is ridiculous, juts hows that this guy is a clown and probably knows deep down inside what I know, if it wasnt for his team, he would be average at best.

Just a question. How many times have you seen Womack play? Have you studied film on the guy to say he is a HUGE upgrade from what we have now?

270522[/snapback]

Tucker? L Smith?

Next question.

Whats your point? The guy has 3 SB rings. That alone is worth something.

My point is, I'm not sure how seriously I should take the opinions of someone who thinks Tom Brady sucks. Apparently you don't even take yourself seriously as you're beginning to flip-flop on him.

At any rate, glad to see that you're off the Mike Williams to LT bandwagon. Womack will be a guard. Hopefully we nab him or Demulling at a good price soon

My point is, I'm not sure how seriously I should take the opinions of someone who thinks Tom Brady sucks.  Apparently you don't even take yourself seriously as you're beginning to flip-flop on him.

At any rate, glad to see that you're off the Mike Williams to LT bandwagon.  Womack will be a guard.  Hopefully we nab him or Demulling at a good price soon

270541[/snapback]

I dont flip flop at all, this guy is Kurt Warner/Trent Dilfer IMO. On any other team he would be average at best!

That said, Peter Brady and his agent especially should be clamoring for top 5 coin considering the team won 3 SB's at the helm. Yet, for some ridiculous reason, he comes out and claims that he isnt demanding to be paid top 5 pay. Do I think he's worth top 5 pay? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Should his agent, Peter himself, and the NE Pats? ABSOLUTELY!!!

No flip flopping by me at all.

Doesnt matter, Im sick of talking about Peter, the Pied Sherpa, and the rat Pats!

Not my team, not my QB, not my problem, and defintely NOT what we should be trying to become!

I'm sure TD has a plan. Just relax. You act like the fate of western ny depends on TD blowing all his money NOW.... :lol:

Chill out dude and let the brass do their work.

270547[/snapback]

Your very right about this. Many here have questioned him in the offseason before, I, however, have not.

This year, we just lost our LT, are starting a young QB, and do not have a solid player (right off the bat) on this squad, in FA, or in the draft. The ONLY version left is a trade. Lets hope he does have a plan and makes a big move.

Not my team, not my QB, not my problem, and defintely NOT what we should be trying to become!

270559[/snapback]

This could be the single worst post I have ever seen by any football fan. New England won 3 out of the the last 4 Superbowls. They are the World Champions. What exactly should the Bills try and become?

The ONLY version left is a trade. Lets hope he does have a plan and makes a big move.

270563[/snapback]

Keep dreaming that this "big stud" will come to Buffalo... not happening... why would the Bills go out and add a bunch of salary this season to make a run when they have a freaking first-time starter at QB?

No, TD's job is to continue to add young talent at sensible salaries, save cap space, and then if your boy JP is any good, they can play for a crescendo in two seasons and go for the Bowl. Philly signed Kearse and Owens because it was the right time for them to make a run at the Bowl. This is NOT the right time for the Bills. Plus, there were no Kearse or Owens out there this year in FA.

I am not sure Womack is the guy we need, but I would like us to do something. We need a replacement at LT and upgrades at LG and C. I don't think we will be okay with our current group and I don't want to see Teague or Peters at LT.

I also disagree with those posters that think that McNally can mold any group of players into a solid o-line. He need talent, and why not give him players with strong potential so that he can mold them into a great o-line.

I also disagree with those who say that TD always has a plan. What was our plan last year at LG? Pucillo? Smith? We were lucky that Tucker came in after a few games and improved the play at that position.

Why sit on all that cap cash? How silly.

270498[/snapback]

How much "cap cash" do the Bills have as of today? I have not seen any updates since Gandy and Holcomb were signed.

Just my 2 cents, but considered their history(and your desire) of going out and making the big off-season splash every year, wouldn't you be better served following the Redskins? :lol:

270559[/snapback]

I read a statement like this and I find myself wishing you were posting about Bledsoe or Wahle. Why in the hell would you NOT like to become a team of that caliber? Because they have three SBs rings? Man, I hope that never happens to us. Because they can plug virtually any player at virtually any position and have little drop off? Yeah, there's a big downer. Or is it because they've done a good job getting productive players from as many of their roster spots as they can afford?

Seriously, man. You may want to rethink saying stuff that is inane just to have people get riled up because when we're done getting riled up, your stuff is still inane.

(And just for the record, that WAS gentler and kinder.)

I read a statement like this and I find myself wishing you were posting about Bledsoe or Wahle. Why in the hell would you NOT like to become a team of that caliber? Because they have three SBs rings? Man, I hope that never happens to us. Because they can plug virtually any player at virtually any position and have little drop off? Yeah, there's a big downer. Or is it because they've done a good job getting productive players from as many of their roster spots as they can afford?

Seriously, man. You may want to rethink saying stuff that is inane just to have people get riled up because when we're done getting riled up, your stuff is still inane.

(And just for the record, that WAS gentler and kinder.)

270673[/snapback]

The only thing inane is your perpetual attitude!

As far as my comment goes, I would hope that you "guys" (said kinder and gentler) would find a way to read into what Im saying. Apparently, I need to be 100% clear. So:

1) We dont have a HC as good as Belicheck

2) We did not have a DC as good as Crennel

3) We did not have a OC as good as Weis

4) We do not have a QB who has won 3 SB rings, yet wants to be paid like he is average (look up what Peter Brady made last year and then look up what Drew got)

5) We dont have players that have won 3 SB's and believe they can beat anyone any time

So, pretty much from top to bottom we are NOT the Pats, what works for them will not work here. TD will NEVER trade for a HC, I dont think he has to Mularkey is great for US. Belicheck, as well as the coaching staff, is a HUGE reason why they are where they are. Does any fan think we could have started 2 walkons at CB in the playoffs and went to the SB? Thanks...point made. Does anyone think that another QB with 3 SB rings who will only want to be paid 5 mill per exists, anywhere? Nice try.

The discussion into the Pats strategy is over, it wont work here because we have a completely different front office and philosophy. We tend to draft skill positions high, pay them appropriately, sign a few stars in FA, and then lots of second tier guys. We get sleeper coaches who arent the top ranked guys, we dont trade down often and stock pile draft picks, and we dont have skill players that will give bargain basement deals so the team can spend galore.

The differences are so many and make any comparison so unrealistsic that any assumption of repeating the Pats success with the "plug and play" method they use is illogical, unfounded, and utterly ridiculous.

If you love the Pats, see ya, Im sure they have fan boards head on over there.

If you love the Bills and want US to win 3 SB's get in line (i will bethere with ya).

But, if you think we can duplicate the Ptas methodology here in Buff, Ive got a bridge to sell ya.

The only thing inane is your perpetual attitude!

As far as my comment goes, I would hope that you "guys" (said kinder and gentler) would find a way to read into what Im saying. Apparently, I need to be 100% clear. So:

1) We dont have a HC as good as Belicheck

2) We did not have a DC as good as Crennel

3) We did not have a OC as good as Weis

4) We do not have a QB who has won 3 SB rings, yet wants to be paid like he is average (look up what Peter Brady made last year and then look up what Drew got)

5) We dont have players that have won 3 SB's and believe they can beat anyone any time

So, pretty much from top to bottom we are NOT the Pats, what works for them will not work here. TD will NEVER trade for a HC, I dont think he has to Mularkey is great for US. Belicheck, as well as the coaching staff, is a HUGE reason why they are where they are. Does any fan think we could have started 2 walkons at CB in the playoffs and went to the SB? Thanks...point made. Does anyone think that another QB with 3 SB rings who will only want to be paid 5 mill per exists, anywhere? Nice try.

The discussion into the Pats strategy is over, it wont work here because we have a completely different front office and philosophy. We tend to draft skill positions high, pay them appropriately, sign a few stars in FA, and then lots of second tier guys. We get sleeper coaches who arent the top ranked guys, we dont trade down often and stock pile draft picks, and we dont have skill players that will give bargain basement deals so the team can spend galore.

The differences are so many and make any comparison so unrealistsic that any assumption of repeating the Pats success with the "plug and play" method they use is illogical, unfounded, and utterly ridiculous.

If you love the Pats, see ya, Im sure they have fan boards head on over there.

If you love the Bills and want US to win 3 SB's get in line (i will bethere with ya).

But, if you think we can duplicate the Ptas methodology here in Buff, Ive got a bridge to sell ya.

270856[/snapback]

There is a difference between you don't WANT to become the Pats and we CAN'T become the Pats. If you're more clear in the beginning, you wouldn't have to spend the rest of the thread explaining what you meant.

There is a difference between you don't WANT to become the Pats and we CAN'T become the Pats. If you're more clear in the beginning, you wouldn't have to spend the rest of the thread explaining what you meant.

270868[/snapback]

So, if I had changed that line to:

Not my team, not my QB, not my problem, and defintely NOT what ARE trying to become!

You would have not sent the same response? Of course you would. You want 3 SB rings, so do I what I dont want is for the Bills to think that THEY can merely plug and play clowns into the positions and have Pats level of success. That just isnt gonna happen here, lets throw out a few "key words":

Wide Right

Music City Miracle

Lost 4 straight

Get my point, I love them dont get me wrong, this is my team and always will be. But, this team needs all the odds stacked in its favor and signing Ethan Albright to plug and play into our LT spot aint frikkin it!

So, if I had changed that line to:

Not my team, not my QB, not my problem, and defintely NOT what ARE trying to become!

You would have not sent the same response? Of course you would.

270889[/snapback]

I very well may have. But if you wrote "Not my team, not my QB, not problem, and Not how this team is being built" I would have agreed with you. Its basically the difference between implied and inferred. Nothing more, nothing less.