Need to hear some cancer survival stories

Process

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, Process said:

My mother was just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer at 50 years old. During a routine colonoscopy. 

Need to hear some real stories about real people beating the odds, because the statistics online are terrifying. 

The doctors are giving her a more positive outlook then what I am reading, but knowing my mother she could be lying, trying to protect me. 

Thanks guys.

My dad was diagnosed with Colon Cancer last summer.  It was also during a routing colonoscopy, he had to do 48 straight days of radiation, which made him a biot tired but none of the side effects that Chemo has, & he went back after the radiation & was given a clean bill of health.  I don't think it was at stage 4 though, but I could be wrong, my dad never told me what stage it was in.  Keep the faith brother.  I will say a prayer for your mom tonight. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Immunotherapy is the latest trend in cancer treatment. Link it to the American Cancer Society's page on colorectal cancer.

Best wishes for her full recovery. Stay strong... for her sake and yours. :thumbsup:

Good point. I would also like to mention that Immunotherapy is being used in combination with other therapies (radiation, chemo, etc.) to determine the most effective treatments.

https://www.cancer.gov/research/key-initiatives/immunotherapy

If you were to use the link to the clinical trials that was included in my previous post, it will return all types of therapies (chemo, immuno, targeted, radiation, etc., and combinations of these) for treating cancer. A better analysis of these options will be applied by Guardant and Foundation Medicine to determine the best form of treatment based on results achieved. In some cases, especially in new studies, results have not yet been posted but they will still be included as an option if the study criteria are a match.