Now they like Josh Allen in Trade Up?

PIZ

19 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Allen's comp. % and accuracy issues scare the crap out of me. But man, what a highlight reel this kid has!    lol

Seriously though, I do get why NFL execs would like him. He has all the measurables you'd want in a QB and seems to have the intangibles as well. Plays the game tough, too. 

But I just don't know if his accuracy issues are fixable. I guarantee there will be GMs who think so, and I'll be pretty surprised if he doesn't go in the 1st (I think the 2nd would be a much more appropriate draft spot for him). I'm not sure he will even make it past the Jets at #6 (depending on what QBs are left on the board). 

As I said in another thread, I'm not sure the Bills would be the best place for him. I think he needs to sit a couple years and work on his flaws/break bad habits before they become too ingrained (if they're not already...). Im not sure he'd get that time here. I worry it's harder to solve those issues if he starting. Lots of QBs go back to their old bad habits when the pressure is on them in an NFL game. I think Allen would probably benefit most from having time to make those new habits muscle memory before having to start. 

Boy though, if they were able to develop this kid and fix those accuracy issues we'd be set! Like I said in another thread, this would really be a big swing for the fences. 

Theyd have to have a very good plan in place if they drafted Allen. 

I'm scared to death of him because of the accuracy issues - off the top of my head a team will always say it is coach-able and it is almost never fixed...The ultimate boom or bust prospect.

Granted this is a new regime, but I don't see us drafting someone that would require this big of investment without scouting him at this point....