WI Govenor proposes 5% sales tax

Voluntary and unenforceable are two different things. Despite the characterization as such, I highly doubt the law would be written that way. If they pass it now, who's to say what steps they might take in the future to start enforcing it.

I agree...internet taxes BAD!

Voluntary and unenforceable are two different things.  Despite the characterization as such, I highly doubt the law would be written that way.  If they pass it now, who's to say what steps they might take in the future to start enforcing it.

I agree...internet taxes BAD!

270590[/snapback]

Definitely. Take a look at NYS' sales tax. Anyone think when it first passed that it'd end up hovering around 10% someday?

Definitely.  Take a look at NYS' sales tax.  Anyone think when it first passed that it'd end up hovering around 10% someday?

270635[/snapback]

Well in Connecticut we have the 'temporary' state income tax that Lowell Weicker implemented almost 15 years to balance the short term financial crisis that we had in the early 90s.

Now, the libtards are crying about the fact that the 4.5% tax is "regressive" so they are proposing a higher rate for certain taxpayers. The proposed "Millionaire's Tax" will be levied on those making over $250,000. :lol:

There's a proposal on the floor of the Senate here in Florida to put a tax on every roll of toilet paper, two cents a roll.

I think that's a pretty sh*tty thing to do.

Next we'll have, a picking bugger tax :lol:

!@#$ taxes :lol:

270737[/snapback]

Hey, at least it's a use tax!!!! :lol::w00t::w00t:

Yeah, like I'd ever tell NYS that I bought something.

Those crooked bastards.

270937[/snapback]

There was an effort by NYS tax officials a few years ago to shame or catch NY residents who went across the state border and shopped in tax-free (clothing) Pannsylvania. NY tax officials were actually writing down NY license plates and sending people letters saying to the effect - we know you were at XYZ Mall and must have bought clothing - Please send us the due tax !

NYS really screws you over when you try to register a car here. I bought a 69 firebird off of my cousin in PA for $1. When I tried to register the car in NY, the DMV said I had to pay tax on the blue book value of the car. I was like, I bought it for a dollar in PA. They pretty much told me tough sh--.

NYS really screws you over when you try to register a car here.  I bought a 69 firebird off of my cousin in PA for $1.  When I tried to register the car in NY, the DMV said I had to pay tax on the blue book value of the car.  I was like, I bought it for a dollar in PA.  They pretty much told me tough sh--.

272832[/snapback]

When it comes to cars, NY State is pretty good compared to some others. I lived in Connecticut in 1978 & they had a property tax on automobiles. Now that was when cars only cost $5-7,000 new. Imagine how they screw over their residents today.

PS: I bought a new car & registered it at my parents' address in NY that year.