2018 NFL Scouting Combine - NFL Network Final Day Coverage at 9 AM ET with DB Drills

THE DEBRIEF
Gregg Rosenthal interprets Tyrann Mathieu's cryptic tweets and reads the tea leaves for other major players on the trade market/roster bubble as the rumors fly furiously at the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine.

Gregg Rosenthal is writing daily Debriefs during the week of the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. This edition hits on the possibility of one high-profile player hitting the open market, along with some other potential comings and goings.

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Just FYI @26CornerBlitz, I started a separate thread for measurements/numbers to curate the content slightly.

I don't really care if the two get merged or stay separate; simply wanted you to know in case you wanted to post numbers/measurements in that location as well to keep it all in one place.

Seems a little redundant to have two threads, but not a big deal these days. 

On 2/18/2018 at 10:28 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Baker Mayfield says he will throw, 'do everything' at the Scouting Combine.

:thumbsup:

i am praying they get him. i would take him above all the others. if not mayfield i'd sit tight and take rudolph. 

i get the feeling that they may have concerns about rosen's level of desire and commitment to football and being in buffalo.  he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that's going to give 110% or be happy about coming here. he may very well turn mcd and mcb off.

Edited by billsredneck1

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i am praying they get him. i would take him above all the others. if not mayfield i'd sit tight and take rudolph. 

i get the feeling that they may have concerns about rosen's level of desire and commitment to football and being in buffalo.  he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that's going to give 110% or be happy about coming here. he may very well turn mcd and mcb off.

Rosen or Darnold before him.

16 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i get the feeling that they may have concerns about rosen's level of desire and commitment to football and being in buffalo.  he doesn't seem the the kind of guy that's going to give 110% or be happy about coming here. he may very well turn mcd and mcb off.

Would you be confident in the selection if the Bills took Rosen? I, admittedly, see a lot of characteristics in Rosen that I love in a QB. He's cocky, big armed, accurate and outspoken. That is reflective of a lot of great QB's in the history of the league and if OBD thinks he will succeed in Buffalo, then I'm on board. I have a great deal of confidence in this regime and its ability to determine fit in both scheme and atitude.

Also, I would be more than happy with Baker.

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

i'm counting darnold as out of reach, but i do think mayfield would be able to start sooner where as i think darnold would need to sit at least one full year.

Darnold does need some seasoning to work on a few things and Mayfield is more pro ready I believe.

8 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Would you be confident in the selection if the Bills took Rosen? I, admittedly, see a lot of characteristics in Rosen that I love in a QB. He's cocky, big armed, accurate and outspoken. That is reflective of a lot of great QB's in the history of the league and if OBD thinks he will succeed in Buffalo, then I'm on board. I have a great deal of confidence in this regime and its ability to determine fit in both scheme and atitude.

Also, I would be more than happy with Baker.

i do worry about what his level of desire to play here would be. i would be fine with the selection for sure,but i hope they don't sell the farm to get him.