I'll bet Travis gets traded during the draft

Think about it. A lot of teams are holding out to see what's available in the draft. Once the top-shelf backs go, teams needing a starting RB may begin to look more closely at a former starter who has twice gained 1300 yards. I think more and more this is what will happen.

Edit: (Post #1000 and it's about football... whoohoo!)

I'm guessing its during the Draft as well...some team will panic once Brown, Benson and Williams are off the board, and we'll get a call.

269209[/snapback]

well they better have a contract worked out well in advance, given the problems we have heard regarding the arizona/henry talks........this doesn't seem like an "on the clock" type move.......

well they better have a contract worked out well in advance, given the problems we have heard regarding the arizona/henry talks........this doesn't seem like an "on the clock" type move.......

269219[/snapback]

It seemed like the Cards were the ones pushing for an extension. Another team might make the move either as a stopgap, look at the contract as a low-risk/high potential venture, or do the trade with confidence of extending after the fact. This would seem like the best idea for both parties -- Travis would get more money up-front, and a little more security; the team trading for him would know they get more than just 1 year out of the deal. I am rather surprised the Cards required the extension prior to the trade -- I really think they were balking for more reasons than just the contract, which, when all is said and done, is really team friendly.

It seemed like the Cards were the ones pushing for an extension.  Another team might make the move either as a stopgap, look at the contract as a low-risk/high potential venture, or do the trade with confidence of extending after the fact.  This would seem like the best idea for both parties -- Travis would get more money up-front, and a little more security; the team trading for him would know they get more than just 1 year out of the deal.  I am rather surprised the Cards required the extension prior to the trade -- I really think they were balking for more reasons than just the contract, which, when all is said and done, is really team friendly.

269244[/snapback]

i think you have it backwards.........from my understanding, henry wanted an extension and the cards wanted him to play out his deal..........

i think you have it backwards.........from my understanding, henry wanted an extension and the cards wanted him to play out his deal..........

269246[/snapback]

If so, WTF was holding up the deal? Henry gets traded and has two options: sit like an a--hole and lose money and any potential market value after the one year contract, or play his effing heart out under a one year contract and hit the big time in free agency, or get a huge extension from the team that gave him his second chance.

If you're right, Travis is a bigger idiot than I thought.

I think TD would have a huge advantage trading Travis in that type of enviroment. As for the contract, just deal him and let the other team worry about it. The fact of the matter is Travis is under contract for one more year. He either plays or pays. I would think most teams would want to re-do his contract anyway to avoid losing him to fre agency 11 months later.

I think you nailed it. This is exactly what will happen. The Dolphins, Bears and Buccaneers are looking at running backs, however, the Bears and Bucs may choose to go WR if they know the backdoor is their to trade for Travis Henry.

I still think its very possible that the Dolphiuns and Seahawks do business by making the Patrick Surtain for Shawn Alexander trade with the swap of 1st round draft positions. Even if that deal occurs, the Seahawks would go with running back Ronnie Brown and that still leaves the possibilities for Tampa and Chicago.

Latest rumors are that the Bears like Cedric Benson (why I have no idea) and Tampa Bay was enamored with Cadalllic Williams (but may be very interested in WR Mike Williams). If the Bears and Bucs and Dolphins/Seahawks go running back, the Cardinals will be shut out of the loop and may be forced to deal for Travis.

Maybe the best case scenario is for the Bills to try and pursue the following trade:

Travis Henry & our 2nd round pick for Simeon Rice. We gain about 2.2 million in salary cap relief by making this deal (TH + 2nd round pick draft pool allocation) and pick up an elite edge pass rusher. This move improves our pass rush, obviously improves the secondary and is feasible in that Tampa would love to move the salary.

Interested in anyones feedback.

I'm guessing its during the Draft as well...some team will panic once Brown, Benson and Williams are off the board, and we'll get a call.

269209[/snapback]

I think you nailed it.  This is exactly what will happen.  The Dolphins, Bears and Buccaneers are looking at running backs, however, the Bears and Bucs may choose to go WR if they know the backdoor is their to trade for Travis Henry.

269454[/snapback]

Ok, maybe I'm lost, Dont the bears have the A-train? Why do they need a RB?

Anthony Thomas is a free agent and the Bears start Thomas Jones who ran for 948 yards last year.

It is rumored that the Bears want Texas RB, Cedric Benson who they think is an excellent fit for their offensive style.

Ok, maybe I'm lost, Dont the bears have the A-train? Why do they need a RB?

269459[/snapback]

I think you nailed it.  This is exactly what will happen.  The Dolphins, Bears and Buccaneers are looking at running backs, however, the Bears and Bucs may choose to go WR if they know the backdoor is their to trade for Travis Henry.

I still think its very possible that the Dolphiuns and Seahawks do business by making the Patrick Surtain for Shawn Alexander trade with the swap of 1st round draft positions.  Even if that deal occurs, the Seahawks would go with running back Ronnie Brown and that still leaves the possibilities for Tampa and Chicago.

Latest rumors are that the Bears like Cedric Benson (why I have no idea) and Tampa Bay was enamored with Cadalllic Williams (but may be very interested in WR Mike Williams).  If the Bears and Bucs and Dolphins/Seahawks go running back, the Cardinals will be shut out of the loop and may be forced to deal for Travis.

Maybe the best case scenario is for the Bills to try and pursue the following trade:

Travis Henry & our 2nd round pick for Simeon Rice.  We gain about 2.2 million in salary cap relief by making this deal (TH + 2nd round pick draft pool allocation) and pick up an elite edge pass rusher.  This move improves our pass rush, obviously improves the secondary and is feasible in that Tampa would love to move the salary.

Interested in anyones feedback.

269454[/snapback]

Tampa is trying to resign Spires to a contract right now, and I doubt they'd let Rice go anywhere. Plus they just resigned Alstott, Pitman and Garner to new reduced contracts.

I think there's a lot of truth to what you say, coupled with a comment from another Waller that he could also get traded during preseason if someone should lose a running back due to injury.

Of course, from what I've read this is all crap because the pedophile moron is a piece of crap cancer virus dead-man walking, and we should get rid of him for nothing. :o

So it's hard to tell on which side of genius the coin will fall.