My Letter to The Buffalo News re: Rod Watson

The Plunge

Update - I've now received e-mail responses from both Tim Graham, and Mike Connelly (Editor - Buffalo News). Tim took the time to thank me for the kind words. He didn't have to do that. But he did. Mike was very appreciative of my e-mail. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but basically said that even though he didn't agree with what Mr. Watson wrote, he didn't think it was appropriate to censor it either. I SORT of see his point, but I countered by saying that you could look at it as censorship, or you could look at it as just common sense to not publish it. Anyone saying they wouldn't care was wrong. They do care. And their responses proved it to me. If they didn't care, my email would've been ignored. It wasn't.    Go Bills!

8 minutes ago, The Plunge said:

Update - I've now received e-mail responses from both Tim Graham, and Mike Connelly (Editor - Buffalo News). Tim took the time to thank me for the kind words. He didn't have to do that. But he did. Mike was very appreciative of my e-mail. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but basically said that even though he didn't agree with what Mr. Watson wrote, he didn't think it was appropriate to censor it either. I SORT of see his point, but I countered by saying that you could look at it as censorship, or you could look at it as just common sense to not publish it. Anyone saying they wouldn't care was wrong. They do care. And their responses proved it to me. If they didn't care, my email would've been ignored. It wasn't.    Go Bills!

I just kind of don't look at it as a different point of view, but as directly insulting the readers. He could have used a different tone and have been fine. 

But this is unacceptable in my opinion. "We can’t possibly be so psychologically pathetic that having a football team make the playoffs for the first time in 18 seasons becomes the most important thing in town."

22 hours ago, stony said:

So you point out that you enjoy Vic and TG.  Both of whom write numerous articles/columns weekly that you presumably enjoy.  But you're not going to pay $2.99/mo because you didn't like one article.   You're a moron.  

Boooooo...bad form...I’m sure you’re old enough to know how to express yourself without name calling...then again, maybe your not.

Edited by JaCrispy