So what happens if TT plays well against the jags and we win?

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

At his price tag it seems easy to keep him around unless someone shakes free that’s decent value and somewhat reliable and we can snag them in free agency before Taylor’s bonus date. It’d be crazy to walk into the draft  (or cut TT at any point) with just peterman.

I guess what if? That it’s a wildcard win would mean a hell of a lot more to you than them. I’d be shocked if they are totally undecided and a single game sways them.

Exactly.

16 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

The vertical game went down from Roman to Lynn?

I've actually never heard anyone attribute that to the OC change before.

It wasnt scheme.

Seemed more it was a WR roster so decimated with injuries we had to sign percy harvin off the couch for him to have like 2 recs and re retire with migraines a few weeks later, that and defenses having more film on bills offense

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

It wasnt scheme.

Seemed more it was a WR roster so decimated with injuries we had to sign percy harvin off the couch for him to have like 2 recs and re retire with migraines a few weeks later, that and defenses having more film on bills offense

Certainly lots of factors, but we dropped from top 10 in big passing plays to bottom 5.  To say Rico killed our deep ball passing attack is just not true.

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Those passing yards doh

That bar is set extremely high sir.....we expect

Tyrod is not beating anyone by himself

Only about 5 qbs in the league have the ability to "beat another team"

We dont and probably will not have one of those QBs

Im not saying we should not try to find that qb......I am saying that the bills mgt might take a look at the fact they pushed deep into the playoffs with TT at qb and reevaluate

What I am trying to say is that we can beat the Jaguars but that doesn't show us anything.. but if TT comes into NE and we as a unit rise up and win - hey that shows that he is good enough and he must be retained instead of trading. Its a high bar because nothing else can possibly undo 3 years of 'force him to be a qb and win' in the eyes of the fans and the coaches/GM who tried benching him. 

Edited by Strethor

If TT beat both the Jags AND the Pats (huge IF), I firmly believe he will be retained in 2018.  I would still draft a QB but you simply cannot cast out an AFCCG appearing QB with no proven improvement on the roster. The only QB that I can remember that happening to was Alex Smith, and that was because the next season, Kaep had brought them to the Superbowl.