Happy for y'all

It's been a long time lurking and basically being checked out as regards the Bills, since I moved to the West coast three years ago. I still pay attention but the time, proximity, money, and family life haven't aligned for me to be as religious about it as I once was.  I'm also just becoming more unnerved by the injuries that are such a part of this game, and the way the league has handled them. It makes me uneasy being as full-throated a supporter of the sport as I used to be. That the Bills are finally here when my fervor for the game has waned is probably healthy for me, if bittersweet. 

I just want to say I couldn't be happier for everyone here who has waited for this, throughout the years of dashed hopes, football futility, bad QBs and coaches, new regimes, and this relentless, unbearable run from the Pats. Who knows what'll happen next week, but it's just fun to finally be here, to see Kyle Williams score, to see him hoisting his kids and crying, to see the fans greeting the team in frigid conditions at the airport in the middle of the night.  You all deserve this.  Enjoy it.  I'll be ready to watch every moment next weekend and it's incredibly sweet to have the opportunity to best Marrone.  Beat the Jags and take it from there!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Nice to hear your story.  Once a Bills fan, always one.  I think most of us doubt they they can make it to Minnesota, but I was a doubter about ending the drought this year, and I know that I have plenty of company.  Let's Billieve and enjoy having a stake in the second season.  Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, RuntheDamnBall said:

It's been a long time lurking and basically being checked out as regards the Bills, since I moved to the West coast three years ago. I still pay attention but the time, proximity, money, and family life haven't aligned for me to be as religious about it as I once was.  I'm also just becoming more unnerved by the injuries that are such a part of this game, and the way the league has handled them. It makes me uneasy being as full-throated a supporter of the sport than I once was. That the Bills are finally here when my fervor for the game is probably healthy for me, if bittersweet. 

I just want to say I couldn't be happier for everyone here who has waited for this, throughout the years of dashed hopes, football futility, bad QBs and coaches, new regimes, and this relentless, unbearable run from the Pats. Who knows what'll happen next week, but it's just fun to finally be here, to see Kyle Williams score, to see him hoisting his kids and crying, to see the fans greeting the team in frigid conditions at the airport in the middle of the night.  You all deserve this.  Enjoy it.  I'll be ready to watch every moment next weekend and it's incredibly sweet to have the opportunity to best Marrone.  Beat the Jags and take it from there!

Go Bills!

You get back east at all?  My son and his wife are now in Haymarket VA.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, RuntheDamnBall said:

It's been a long time lurking and basically being checked out as regards the Bills, since I moved to the West coast three years ago. I still pay attention but the time, proximity, money, and family life haven't aligned for me to be as religious about it as I once was.  I'm also just becoming more unnerved by the injuries that are such a part of this game, and the way the league has handled them. It makes me uneasy being as full-throated a supporter of the sport than I once was. That the Bills are finally here when my fervor for the game is probably healthy for me, if bittersweet. 

Go Bills!

I'm happy for US bud.  

• Like (+1) 1

Great post. But you should be happy for yourself too, man. I'm happy for all of us! 

My wife, who pretty much hates me on game days because of my love of the Bills was pretty much in tears. This is just surreal. Hope we can go down to Jacksonville and get a W!

• Like (+1) 1