Allen or Mayfield?

Klaista2k

Which QB should the Bills take?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB should the Bills take?

• Josh Allen
    • Baker Mayfield

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

Between the two, Mayfield.  He shows up in big games and that's important.  I think that's part of what makes that really awesome NFL QB.  

Some people try comparing Allen to Carson Wentz.  The difference IMO is that Wentz led his teams to two titles.  Allen really didn't lead Wyoming anywhere.  

Allen lead Wyoming to back to back Bowl games for the first time since 1987-1988.  The year before Allen started they were 2-10.  Its not as easy looking at his numbers or that they went to some B.S pre Christmas bowl and say well what did he do?  Sure he didn't win a national title but he won more games there in 2 years than they did in 30 years before him.

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

I've said this in other threads about Allen, you can't just look at the stats.  Watch the games and you may just find yourself forming a different opinion like I have.  I see talent that will translate to the NFL better than some of the other QB prospects.  Could use a year to learn and some coaching up but this kid has some eye-popping talent.  Makes more NFL caliber throws.  His combine, interview process and other testing will be very intriguing.

Also, to those saying that Mayfield is a competitor, Allen came back to the bowl game after a shoulder injury held him out two games.  In a time where many players are skipping bowl games, he decided to go out there and show everyone what he's got and won that game with 3 TDs in the first quarter.  He's a competitor too.  He's got the fire as I watched him motivating his teammates on the sideline during games too.  All angles must be considered.

Edited by Buffalo30

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.