Three non-QB’s I like outside of the 1st Round

Dkollidas

And I think McDermott & Beane might too...

TE- Troy Fumagalli- best hands of anyone in this years Draft, and the guy only has 9 fingers!!!! I think he could be a guy that falls to the 3rd or even 4th if he doesn’t do great at the combine, but he’s a gamer.

RB- Rashaad Penny- also just seems like a gamer. I’d love to get him in the 3rd and Fumagalli in the 4th. 

LB- Josey Jewell- he’s a real leader, seems like a surefire tackler. Not the fastest guy, but I feel like he plays smart and plays angles correctly which make him play faster than his straight line speed. He’d be a better fit in the middle for us than Preston Brown long term. Also could probably be taken in the late 2nd at the earliest? Not sure how he’s rated.

i also believe all 3 are seniors? McDermott & Beane seem to like drafting seniors. 

Thoughts on these guys?

I like all those guys but not familiar with the RB.

Josey is a gamer but not sure about his speed for the NFL. I like Mark Andrews better than Fumagali as a pass catcher. That's wild that he has 9 fingers; did he lose one or born that way?

For a LB I like Leighton Vander Esch from Boise St. He's 6'4" 240 and can play middle and weak with good coverage, rushing, running skills and could be the guy we have ALWAYS LACKED who can cover TEs.

I disagree about the best hands in the draft.  Dallas Goedert will be a draft riser and has been talked about as the best tight end in this class.  One handed catches, contested catches...looks like a young Gronk out there.  This will be the first tight end taken.  Had the best production by a tight end in college by a clear mile this year.  Just watch him:

Does the last play in the second video remind you of anyone?

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.