OT- The Contender

I thought it was pretty good stuff. The fight was pretty entertaining. This show has some potential. The last two guys face off for a million dollar purse.

266719[/snapback]

i missed it but plan on TiVo'ing the rest of the season. so it was good?

Just a note to fans of the show - don't get too attached.

It got beat by every competitor: CBS (CSI, so that's expected), SuperNanny (or BossSwap) on ABC, and it even got beat by FOX Local 10:00 news, nationwide. Not good.

I thought it was pretty good. I started watching because I wanted to see the one guy that killed himself outside the gym where they train. It was the darkest black guy, can't remember his name, that didn't say anything the whole show. He shot himself while his girlfriend was in the car with him outside that gym.

The fight was good though. The guy that lost thought he was gonna cruise. He kept saying "I'm 21 - 0 and number 3 in the world" Well now he's just knocked the *uck out on national tv.... :D

I thought it was pretty good. I started watching because I wanted to see the one guy that killed himself outside the gym where they train. It was the darkest black guy, can't remember his name, that didn't say anything the whole show. He shot himself while his girlfriend was in the car with him outside that gym.

The fight was good though. The guy that lost thought he was gonna cruise. He kept saying "I'm 21 - 0 and number 3 in the world" Well now he's just knocked the *uck out on national tv.... :D

266855[/snapback]

Yeah, obviously, there is a decent amount of editing to skewer things one way or the other, but there is no denying that the underdog was a scrappy guy. He had some quick hands. He caught that guy way off guard. *SPOILER* I thought that cut would do him in, but he recovered.

If this lost out to Nanny 911, Wifeswap or anything like that, it proves that this country is going down the tubes.

You mean Ben Affleck ain't been passed the torch?  :D

266895[/snapback]

My rule of thumb for Hollywood action stars is as follows: If I am confident in my ability to kick the guys ass if I ran into him on the street then it just doesn't work for me.

The only exception to this rule is Matt Damon. The Bourne Id movies were great.

I thought it was pretty good stuff. The fight was pretty entertaining. This show has some potential. The last two guys face off for a million dollar purse.

266719[/snapback]

I skipped it, I don't really care too much for reality TV. I have also been greatly annoyed by the tag line in the commercial claiming it is the next great "human drama". As opposed to what? Are there a lot of animal drama's I am not aware of or is there a network that is producing some inhuman drama's.

GO BILLS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I dont care how old he is. Until Hollywood can figure out who the next big action star is, Arnie and Sly are NOT allowed to age any further.

266892[/snapback]

The Rock is the next big action hero type actor. He's better than both of them if you ask me.