pollard signs with lions

ch19079

i know its not bills related, but its still football related.

the lions will have one hell of a Offense if harrington can get the job done.

Lions | Pollard Signs Three-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:43:45 -0800

ESPNews reports the Detroit Lions have signed free agent TE Marcus Pollard (Colts) to a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

This signing might affect what happens between Demulling going to the Bills, or to the Lions. Everybody knows they want to go out and get a solid backup QB and Warner signed a $6M contract yesterday and I think that Garcia would cost that org. at least 2/3 that. I wonder if they will have cap room to sign another big FA.

This signing might affect what happens between Demulling going to the Bills, or to the Lions.  Everybody knows they want to go out and get a solid backup QB and Warner signed a $6M contract yesterday and I think that Garcia would cost that org. at least 2/3 that.  I wonder if they will have cap room to sign another big FA.

266021[/snapback]

i thought warner's deal was for 4M? i think garcia will be hard pressed to see 2.6M per year, and i guarantee it won't be on a one year deal so his cap hit will be lower.........anyway, doesn't matter, DET has been chasing guards all off-season and have budgeted for that position........they will sign one.......

this effects the bills more because a very good TE who would have fit well in offense just came off the market.......we still have a need there, and the options are dwindling.......i can't see us making a play for franks or wiggens, so we could be looking at a sleeper.......

Is McMahon really that bad that they're stuck with Harrington?

266169[/snapback]

Looks like Garcia is going to go to Detroit too.

By the way, my dog is a Lions fan. :huh:

How'd we figure that out? Well, I'm a Dolfan, My roomie Ramius is a Bills fan (hence the reason I'm here) and my GF is a Niners fan. So we needed to select a neutral team for the dog. We took all the team names and wrote them on paper (we left out teams that might get us arrested for animal abuse; Pats, Jets, Cowboys). Then he selected his team, and he pulled out Detroit. He's got a jersey and everything. I'll try to upload a pic later.

Looks like Garcia is going to go to Detroit too.

By the way, my dog is a Lions fan. :huh:

How'd we figure that out? Well, I'm a Dolfan, My roomie Ramius is a Bills fan (hence the reason I'm here) and my GF is a Niners fan. So we needed to select a neutral team for the dog. We took all the team names and wrote them on paper (we left out teams that might get us arrested for animal abuse; Pats, Jets, Cowboys). Then he selected his team, and he pulled out Detroit. He's got a jersey and everything. I'll try to upload a pic later.

266318[/snapback]

Ahh, silly Miami fans. You guys are too cute. 0:)

RTB

Don't understand why they don't just let McMahon start. They give Joey Harrington 5 million chances and McMahon zero. They don't need Garcia, just let McMahon start if Harrington faulters again this year.

266366[/snapback]

i find it strange that harrington's draftmate david carr seems to get no heat at all while the word "bust" is thrown in joey's direction all the time.......there both young QB's, they're both still learning, and i think they're both headed for break out seasons........it doesn't happen overnight and sometimes a QB just needs time to develop........look no further then brees for an example........

i find it strange that harrington's draftmate david carr seems to get no heat at all while the word "bust" is thrown in joey's direction all the time.......there both young QB's, they're both still learning, and i think they're both headed for break out seasons........it doesn't happen overnight and sometimes a QB just needs time to develop........look no further then brees for an example........

266385[/snapback]

Its not fair, but Carr gets more leeway because he was with a first year expansion team.

Its not fair, but Carr gets more leeway because he was with a first year expansion team.

266461[/snapback]

but in reality, did the lions of '02 really look a lot different then an expansion team?

joey had bill schroeder, az hakim, and michael ricks to throw to his rookie year........that's pretty damn weak.........

but in reality, did the lions of '02 really look a lot different then an expansion team?

joey had bill schroeder, az hakim, and michael ricks to throw to his rookie year........that's pretty damn weak.........

266472[/snapback]

I didnt say it was fair, just the way it was.