What do you fix first? OL or QB?

59 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Same plan Buffalo used for 17 years. Great plan. If the QB can read a defense and has a quick release O line does not have to work that much. 

I completely understand your position. I won't deny the QB spot has been neglected unless you want to count E.J. Manuel.

The only difference between me and those who are all in at QB is the approach. Obviously I agree getting a QB is important. I just don't agree that if you draft one it's a guaranteed success. It just can't be that simple.

When they draft the QB some will think he's instantly franchise and I think it will be a rookie transitioning from college into the NFL. I would like a good offence around him and others may not care because to them just drafting him and plugging him in is all that's needed.

I could be wrong but I don't think any rookie comes in and is successful with the offense currently. Unless you plug him in right away you will need a bridge while he redshirts. Then as the bridge fails the staff will be forced to start the rookie and he will look worse then the bridge. 

Think this year with Taylor and Nate only it will be a guy traded up for and he won't throw 5 interceptions but he might not be successful because he's getting pressure every play with no run game.

Yes draft a QB. I'm with you. Trade up if you have to. Then spend every last pick on offense that you have. If your a defensive minded coach then you have a weakness. I wouldn't be a defensive minded or offensive minded coach I'd be insulted by the premise. I'd be a Head Coach. I want all 3 phases of my team dominant. Not a excellent defense carrying a sub par offence.

I think you pool all rescource into offence and let the defense struggle because it seems like having a successful offence is harder then having a good defense at least in Buffalo. I don't think I seen a very productive offence in a long time. I've seen us have some great defense. I say next year really address that glaring weakness we have in Buffalo. Let's have an offence that puts up 21+ a game or at least has the potential.

Edited by Lfod

11 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I completely understand your position. I won't deny the QB spot has been neglected unless you want to count E.J. Manuel.

The only difference between me and those who are all in at QB is the approach. Obviously I agree getting a QB is important. I just don't agree that if you draft one it's a guaranteed success. It just can't be that simple.

When they draft the QB some will think he's instantly franchise and I think it will be a rookie transitioning from college into the NFL. I would like a good offence around him and others may not care because to them just drafting him and plugging him in is all that's needed.

I could be wrong but I don't think any rookie comes in and is successful with the offense currently. Unless you plug him in right away you will need a bridge while he redshirts. Then as the bridge fails the staff will be forced to start the rookie and he will look worse then the bridge. 

Think this year with Taylor and Nate only it will be a guy traded up for and he won't throw 5 interceptions but he might not be successful because he's getting pressure every play with no run game.

Yes draft a QB. I'm with you. Trade up if you have to. Then spend every last pick on offense that you have. If your a defensive minded coach then you have a weakness. I wouldn't be a defensive minded or offensive minded coach I'd be insulted by the premise. I'd be a Head Coach.

I think you pool all rescource into offence and let the defense struggle because it seems like having a successful offence is harder then having a good offence at least in Buffalo. I don't think I seen a very productive offence in a long time.

Draft QB 1st and then focus on BOTH lines in the Draft and FA. So I somewhat agree. Trade both firsts and 5th round pick from Dareus trade for QB.

1. Mason Rudolph QB. Offensive leader Oklahoma St

2. Josey Jewell ILB.  Defensive Leader. Iowa

2. Lowell Lotulelei DT  Utah

3. Isaiah Wynn G Georgia

4. Andrew Brown DL Virginia

5. Ike Bogetter OT Iowa

6. Austin Golson C Auburn

6_5057037.jpg

Edited by Tatonka68
typo