DT Kevin Carter - 5 Yr 30 Mil From Fins

Mark VI

So what is to become of Jason Taylor? Is Holliday meant to be a backup?

Wasn't there a rumor about Taylor wanting to play on the other side of the ball?

Have I asked too many questions?

So what is to become of Jason Taylor? Is Holliday meant to be a backup?

Wasn't there a rumor about Taylor wanting to play on the other side of the ball?

Have I asked too many questions?

265582[/snapback]

I made a mistake in my title. Carter to be used as a DT, though he has experience at both positions. I'll go and edit it. My fault.

I made a mistake in my title. Carter to be used as a DT, though he has experience at both positions. I'll go and edit it. My fault.

265585[/snapback]

That's cool. Actually, I would have assumed that he was to play DE anyway since that is his natural position.

Oh well. Thought we might get out of facing Taylor twice a year.

It's true:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2007140

I don't know how we're affording this, but I'll take it. It pretty much reinvents the d-line for the fins. Looking a lot more fearsome than it did before, and it was pretty good before.

265583[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what the Dolphins need, more help on Defense. I'm surprised they are not addressing the O in free agency.

That's cool. Actually, I would have assumed that he was to play DE anyway since that is his natural position.

Oh well. Thought we might get out of facing Taylor twice a year.

265586[/snapback]

Won't surprise me to see Taylor move to LB. Apparently that's the thought, and the defense will switch to a 3-4.

I'm all for change, but this is scary for me. I miss Jim Bates.

Won't surprise me to see Taylor move to LB. Apparently that's the thought, and the defense will switch to a 3-4.

I'm all for change, but this is scary for me. I miss Jim Bates.

265593[/snapback]

Puhonix,

Assume you know more than me but has`Carter or Holliday ever played in a 3-4? Who is gonna play the nose for the Fins? Also, how did they fit this under the cap. Did I miss it, or was Boston and Seau released?

Agreed....

Wont the fins ever learn?  Spending all their money on defense while their offense continues to suffer.....

265639[/snapback]

It's ok by me. :devil: Kevin Carter didn't do much of anything in Tennessee next to Kearse, so I'm not to worried about him doing anything next to Taylor or Holliday. I'll worry about the Fish when they get a qb who doesn't cry or get hurt from a butt slap and a rb who doesn't retire to try out for the next Cheech and Chong movie. :P

I'll worry about the Fish when they get a qb who doesn't cry or get hurt from a butt slap and a rb who doesn't retire to try out for the next Cheech and Chong movie.  :devil:

265642[/snapback]

lol.....well said.......that butt slap video was almost as funny as the time the baseball bounced off Canseco's head and over the wall. Feeley should be paying royalties for taking the 'aj' name and acting like a pus*y.

Puhonix,

Assume you know more than me but has`Carter or Holliday ever played in a 3-4? Who is gonna play the nose for the Fins? Also, how did they fit this under the cap. Did I miss it, or was Boston and Seau released?

265611[/snapback]

Ive been thinking about this too.... I'm not sure about the first part of your question, but I assume that Bowens will be the answer at NT.

And yes, I agree that we should be spending on offense, but there arent many big name Offensive stars out there, and I think that's what Saban is using the draft for.

But, after last season, I gotta get excited about something, so give me this will ya?

Holliday is a scrub now.  Carter had 6 sacks as a 4-3 DT, but if they're planning on going 3-4, he's useless as a NT.  Better to keep the 4-3, have Holliday shift inside with Bowens, and keep Taylor on the end.

265665[/snapback]

That makes sense, and I like it.

But if they go 3-4, imagine a linebacker core of Seau, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, and Eddie Moore. Well, 3 outta 4 aint bad.

Ive been thinking about this too.... I'm not sure about the first part of your question, but I assume that Bowens will be the answer at NT.

And yes, I agree that we should be spending on offense, but there arent many big name Offensive stars out there, and I think that's what Saban is using the draft for.

But, after last season, I gotta get excited about something, so give me this will ya?

265668[/snapback]

I think they'de like to trade out of the #2 spot, but I don't know who the taker would be. Having a top-5 pick seems a bit like the kiss-of-death these days...

I think they'de like to trade out of the #2 spot, but I don't know who the taker would be. Having a top-5 pick seems a bit like the kiss-of-death these days...

265686[/snapback]

Bad draft, I know they'd love to trade down, especially in a RB heavy draft, but no takers. No one wants to move up. Its a matter of not having a consensus #1 pick.

Per ESPN News

265578[/snapback]

i think, mr. T, that this reveals that saban is moving the fins to a 3-4. The 34 needs big, run stopping DEs. Big guys a la Ty Warren and Richard Seymore. We don't have the personnel to run a 34 unless we moved aaron shobel to LB and Ron Edwards to end. Kelsay might be close to big enough but he's more of a pass rusher than a run stopper.

They're probably going to either try to trade taylor to a 43 team for a second round pick and a player, or they'll try to convert him to LB. In a 34 D, Taylor can simply not play DE. He'll be engulfed. I like that word, engulfed.

Holliday and Carter are both big DEs that can anchor against the run and allow their LBs to rush the passer.

I wish the Bills would use more 34. It's so much easier to take an offense by surprise.