DEADWOOD (2nd Season)

A great show, but I still think Boston Legal is the best on TV. Damn ABC has replaced it the last two weeks w/ the Oscars and some movie.

Looks like there will be a lot of action in Deadwood this season, though.

I saw those previews for the "ROME" series too. That looked awesome, but I too will be in the "sandbox" for a year starting in November. Probably have to wait for the whole first season to come out on DVD.

Deadwood is one of those shows that you makes the hour just fly by. You just put yourself into that world and next thing you know it's 10:00. Thank You HBO!

You even empathize with the villains on this show! I almost felt sorry for Cy last night!

Great episode!! Need more cocks*ckers in the next one from Al . Al's face after the fight with Bullock was good stuff.

265271[/snapback]

Yeah, I was cracking up when he was trying to get dressed again after his ribs were wrapped....

.... What's up with the hairy armpits on Bullucks rich chick? I can't think of her name. Her legs were smooth and she has a nice rack but the hairy armpits were nasty... :o

Yeah, I was cracking up when he was trying to get dressed again after his ribs were wrapped....

.... What's up with the hairy armpits on Bullucks rich chick? I can't think of her name. Her legs were smooth and she has a nice rack but the hairy armpits were nasty... :o

265277[/snapback]

Very much agreed. (her name is Alma, by the way)

It was funny, when they first showed the scene in the hotel lobby, where the little girl was getting tutored, if you paid attention, you could hear Bullock "tending to" Alma upstairs. Quite funny, because my buddy pointed it out, then they cut to the scene in the hotel room, then back to the dining room where stuff was falling out of the ceiling.

Good stuff...

Deadwood is one of those shows that you makes the hour just fly by. You just put yourself into that world and next thing you know it's 10:00. Thank You HBO!

You even empathize with the villains on this show! I almost felt sorry for Cy last night!

265262[/snapback]

The show is all about language and I don't mean just the cursing. They actually speak very formally as compared to how we speak. They speak like aristocrats for half a sentence and then like drunken sailors for the last half. Did you notice how Bullock and the widow address each other as Mr. and Mrs. so-and-so even though they are doing the nasty so much Al is complaining that Bullock is not doing his job as Sheriff? The language more than anything draws you into the show. They often speak in long, complex sentences with unecessary flourishes and tangents that force you to listen closely. Just when you have picked up the tune they drop in a string of combinational cursing that is foreign yet immediately recognizable that knocks you back on your heels.

The show is all about language and I don't mean just the cursing.  They actually speak very formally as compared to how we speak.  They speak like aristocrats for half a sentence and then like drunken sailors for the last half.  Did you notice how Bullock and the widow address each other as Mr. and Mrs. so-and-so even though they are doing the nasty so much Al is complaining that Bullock is not doing his job as Sheriff?  The language more than anything draws you into the show.  They often speak in long, complex sentences with unecessary flourishes and tangents that force you to listen closely.  Just when you have picked up the tune they drop in a string of combinational cursing that is foreign yet immediately recognizable that knocks you back on your heels.

265339[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. What an effort it must be to produce such a show. How long could they keep this up?

I couldn't agree more. What an effort it must be to produce such a show. How long could they keep this up?

265381[/snapback]

I just watched "Making of season 2" special (HBO On Demand) and it seems like its almost improv...like the idea for a scene is developed, but no real script exists.