First thread here...my take on losing streak.

Hebert19

I've been a member of !@#$ and the BB.com message boards in the past but first time here.   

Here are a few thoughts on losing streak.  

1.  Age is showing - Kyle is getting pushed around.  Lorenzo has no right being the starting linebacker.  He looks so slow out there.  Heck even Ritchie is getting pushed around on the line.  We need to move on from Lorenzo as the starter and have him rush the passer situationally and play special teams.  

2.  A whole lot of panic from the rookie coach - he panicked in making decision to start Peterman amongst other things.  He needs to play one game at a time as he states non stop instead of thinking about next year and beyond.  Hypocritical much.   

3.  This was supposed to be a tank - the year was supposed to be a tank and move on.  But we got some luck and a cakewalk starting schedule and found ourselves 5-2...then we panic again and say wow let's win now.  We trade for Benjamin...now we are close to being back in tank mode. 

4.  With the lines the way they are our only shot the rest of the year is to open the offense wide open.  It may result in more embarrassing losses like yesterday but the defense can't stop anyone so we need to score.  A lot!

5.  Holy crap does anyone miss Dareus as much as I do?  No he wasn't playing that much and no he wasn't earning the paycheck but he pushed the pocket and made us better. 

6.  If the bills are the bills then we will win this week or next to suck us back into the fold only to be crushed when we lose to Miami or Indy. Just the way it works.  

That's all I got for now. 

My take is that this coaching staff is getting abused by other teams' staffs.  The Jets, Saints and Chargers are seeing stuff on film and have exploited the Bills on both sides of the ball.   Seems like the Bills coaches have done nothing to counter-attack or change up schemes.  I get that Kelvin was supposed to be a huge part of the game-plan yesterday.  His njury sent us reeling offensively.  But that wasn't an excuse the prior two weeks.  The D is just getting so out coached and dominated right now.  Sad.

I agree with most of what you stated, but I disagree that the move away from Tyrod was made in panic.  I think that the coaches saw that:

1. The defense has been exposed and will be giving up huge amounts of points most weeks for the remainder of the season.

2. Tyrod's unwillingness to take any sort of chance on thows down field is not compatible with the defense giving up huge points.

I think that they thought that Peterman would be more willing to throw downfield which would at least provide a hope for scoring enough to keep up with what the defense will give up.  Obviously, that worked out very poorly in Peterman's lone start, but I don't think anyone should delude themselves into thinking that the Bills would have won that game if Tyrod had started.  I still think the defense would have given up at least 35 points, even if the offense had zero turnovers.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

My take is that this coaching staff is getting abused by other teams' staffs.  The Jets, Saints and Chargers are seeing stuff on film and have exploited the Bills on both sides of the ball.   Seems like the Bills coaches have done nothing to counter-attack or change up schemes.  I get that Kelvin was supposed to be a huge part of the game-plan yesterday.  His njury sent us reeling offensively.  But that wasn't an excuse the prior two weeks.  The D is just getting so out coached and dominated right now.  Sad.

I don't think the defense is being out-coached as much as it is getting out-manned in talent.  They do not have the talent to hold up unless they get lucky on a few picks/fumble recoveries.