Playoff Positioning

Obviously we want to win - and this is a pretty big one as its an AFC game against a mediocre team.  I know we're not exactly lighting it up right now, but neither are the other 3 teams really in contention (Baltimore, Miami, and Oakland). 

There's a fair amount of 3-6 teams who would need to go 5-2/6-1 the rest of the way and I don't see any of them really doing it.  HOU is too injured, CIN's o-line is really bad, LA is seemingly more unlucky than buffalo, and the broncos have no QB.  The jets are i guess the best of the bunch, and they just hung 10 on the bucs.

The 3 4-5 teams have interesting matchups this week -

Baltimore v Green bay - Away game at lambeau, and GB has been playing better.  Would be great for them to win here.

Bucs v Miami - Bye week game gets taken away - Bucs coming off a win where they looked better on D, and Miami coming off a game where they got destroyed.  Hopefully they continue trending these directions.

New England v Oakland - We pretty much know what this means... In a 2-way tie with Oakland at the end of season we'd actually get in on the H2H tiebreaker too.  

We've been playing like crap, but with a win and a small amount of help - we're 2 full games up.

Raiders: 4-5 with games against NE, PHI, and KC. Most likely finishing 8-8, 9-7 gives us the tiebreaker anyway

Dolphins: 4-5 with NE x2, KC, and us x2. We pretty much need to sweep them to have a chance unless we win @KC and/or against NE, which is doubtful. Sweep them and we have tiebreaker worst case

Ravens: This is our biggest threat at 4-5. 1 game @ PIT is the only one they most likely lose. They also play @ GB this week and vs DET later on, so maybe with some luck they'll drop to 8-8. No idea how the tiebreakers would work if we're both 9-7, but if we do make it that far we'll have a pretty good conference record.

I have a hard time believing any of the 3-6 teams will go 6-0 or 5-1 to leapfrog us at 9-7.

Our biggest threat is ourselves. We need to win 4 more which realistically would be @LAC, MIA x2, and IND. Otherwise we need to beat KC or NE, which I don't see happening. I am right now having trouble seeing a win this week @LAC but who knows maybe the lack of film on Peterman will help and our defense comes back.

17 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Baltimore's schedule might be easier but I think they are very capable of losing a lot of those games.

I can't see the Ravens losing the next 3 games to teams with scrub fill-in QBs.

31 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Obviously we want to win - and this is a pretty big one as its an AFC game against a mediocre team.  I know we're not exactly lighting it up right now, but neither are the other 3 teams really in contention (Baltimore, Miami, and Oakland). 

There's a fair amount of 3-6 teams who would need to go 5-2/6-1 the rest of the way and I don't see any of them really doing it.  HOU is too injured, CIN's o-line is really bad, LA is seemingly more unlucky than buffalo, and the broncos have no QB.  The jets are i guess the best of the bunch, and they just hung 10 on the bucs.

The 3 4-5 teams have interesting matchups this week -

Baltimore v Green bay - Away game at lambeau, and GB has been playing better.  Would be great for them to win here.

Bucs v Miami - Bye week game gets taken away - Bucs coming off a win where they looked better on D, and Miami coming off a game where they got destroyed.  Hopefully they continue trending these directions.

New England v Oakland - We pretty much know what this means... In a 2-way tie with Oakland at the end of season we'd actually get in on the H2H tiebreaker too.  

We've been playing like crap, but with a win and a small amount of help - we're 2 full games up.

I can't believe the defense was so bad.   it can't last 3 weeks straight (can it?) 

I'm not losing faith but also not expecting the #3 seed either 

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I can't see the Ravens losing the next 3 games to teams with scrub fill-in QBs.

3 straight ?  no but 3 of 4, maybe 

@ Green Bay
vs Houston   8:30
vs Detroit
@ Pittsburgh