I can't believe the classless yankee fans calling

Tom

Excellent post Mike... LOL @ Pete "the poodle" Carroll LOL!!!

Its hard for me to admit, Ill just be honest, I cannot see the Yankees getting to the World Series right now, just cannot see it.

20604[/snapback]

The Yankees pitching is in disarray right now, but this time off may actually help an injury-prone older pitcher like Kevin Brown. Mussina usually pitches well in the post-season, and Orlando Hernandez is the best big-game pitcher of the last 15 years IMO (since Dave Stewart). When it gets to the post-season (and you can shorten your rotation), the Yanks will still be tough - and they'll still have Quantrill/Gordon/Rivera at the end.

The Sox achilles' heel will be the middle relief, but with the rotations getting shortened to 4 men in the playoffs, hopefully either Arroyo or Lowe augmenting the Timlin/Myers/Embree/Mendoza/Swilly hodge-podge to get to Keith (That's All) Foulke. :rolleyes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes one in a lifetime...enjoy it (joking)

I do not defend what the Yankeees said about the forefit, believe me....but I love how ESPN played it up...I wonder if they would do the same if Boston made the same kind of request...I HIGHLY doubt it...

20535[/snapback]

Yeah, just like ESPN's reporting of Willis McGahee's demand for a trade if he's not the starter. :rolleyes:

I doubt the Yanks will sign Pedro....injury prone.

I bet you that Pedro will throw at at least one Yankee during the upcoming series between the two teams.

Assuming the Yanks, Twins, Red Sox and A's make the playoffs, I would think that Minnesota or Oakland could easily knock off the Red Sox.

As an impartial Braves fan......

The Yanks are making themselves look like idiots.

A caller on Rome compared this to 9/11 when no ballgames were played.

Interesting how everyone needed to show compassion to the city of NY when this tragedy happened but yet when the Drays have issues and want to be with their fams just in case something happens the Yanks are the first to jump up and say "you are breaking the rules".

Remember this the next time you need a friend NYC.....

As an impartial Braves fan......

The Yanks are making themselves look like idiots.

A caller on Rome compared this to 9/11 when no ballgames were played.

Interesting how everyone needed to show compassion to the city of NY when this tragedy happened but yet when the Drays have issues and want to be with their fams just in case something happens the Yanks are the first to jump up and say "you are breaking the rules".

Remember this the next time you need a friend NYC.....

20950[/snapback]

Great points. Whatever happened to the "classy" Yanks of Joe Torre? :rolleyes:

Justice is served!!

BRONX, New York (Ticker) - After much speculation, the second game of Monday's scheduled doubleheader between the New York Yankees and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays will be made up as part of a doubleheader Wednesday at Yankee Stadium.

excellent post, but it falls on too many deaf ears! they are called rules and are intended to be followed

Why don't you get the facts straight before trashing people?

MLB requested that the Devil Rays leave on Friday. They said no. TB said they would leave for NY on Monday in the AM and would be able to play the DH scheduled to start at 3pm on time. For whatever reason, they didn't actually leave TB until after noon today. Meanwhile, the Yankees were told to go ahead as scheduled and over 50,000 people were at the ballpark unaware that the Rays were not in NY.

Sure, I feel bad for the people affected by the hurricane but pro ballplayers who have lots of money and resources could have left for NY and taken their families with them on Friday like they were instructed to do.  How about blaming MLB for screwing things up? What if you were in NY and wasted your Labor Day planning on going to a baseball game that you told was going to be played at 3pm and everybody showed up but the opponent? What a waste of a day. People have every right to be ticked off.

20046[/snapback]

The bandwagon Patriots fans KILL me -  the ones that think the franchise was founded when the Tuna & Drew came on board.  I'm sure the same thing happened during the Bills' run, people who had no clue that Dieter Brock once was at the helm.  :o

My first season tickets in 1990 were $175 for the season.  $17.50 a game!!!  I used to be able to lie down on the steel benches at Sullivan Stadium without touching anyone in the late 80s/early 90s.    I was close enough to the field in the late 90s to hear Pete (The Poodle) Carroll try to get his players 'jacked and pumped.'

Whoa, I'm really off subject now.  :w00t:

I hate the Yankees, but I respect them.  As for the rest of the season, It's on.  :)

20577[/snapback]

Ummm.. nice sentiment and all, but it wasn't Dieter Brock, it was Vince Ferragamo.

Brock turned down the Bills to sign with the Rams. That's how we got lucky enough to be able to trade for VF, for his single 5-TD, 17-INT season in Buffalo.... :rolleyes:

Ummm.. nice sentiment and all, but it wasn't Dieter Brock, it was Vince Ferragamo.

Brock turned down the Bills to sign with the Rams.  That's how we got lucky enough to be able to trade for VF, for his single 5-TD, 17-INT season in Buffalo.... :rolleyes:

21167[/snapback]

I love you Lori! :w00t::o

Yer amazin.

My goodness! Its Bills season and we should all be the happy family we are,regardless if we like the Yanks,Red Sox,or Mike Tyson!  :o 

Cant we all just get along :w00t: ...pretty please?  :rolleyes:

GO BILLS AND GO YANKS!  B)

20337[/snapback]

That's none of my concern what baseball team you guys like. What bothers me, however, is during FOOTBALL season when I see 10-15 Yankees threads among the first page threads. It friggin pisses me off because this is a Buffalo Bills football forum, and a lot of other Bills fans aren't Yanks fans and could care less about them. I'm an Indians fan, and I bet it would bother a LOT of you guys if I started multiple threads about how awesome they are.

Please, keep the Yanks threads to a minimum...like 1-3 tops, and reply within these threads rather than start new ones on the same topic.

Brock turned down the Bills to sign with the Rams.  That's how we got lucky enough to be able to trade for VF, for his single 5-TD, 17-INT season in Buffalo.... :rolleyes:

21167[/snapback]

:o:w00t::) One of my first life memories was my dad and I sitting in front of the TV, still in our Sunday church clothes, and I distinctly remember my dad's face growing bright red whenever he shook his fist at the screen, yelling, "GodDAMN it Vince!" Good times....good times!