I can't believe the classless yankee fans calling

Tom

They want the Devil-Rays to forfeit todays doubleheader because they couldn't get out of Tampa until 3PM today. They are simply trashing the Devil-Ray organization for not leaving earlier but they really couldn't (plus have the Players Associations backing to not leave until today). What a bunch of selfish morons!!!!!

Forget about families, pets, friends, homes, belongings, etc............. :(

Florida has been hit twice in the past few weeks & might get hit again by Ivan... :(

Show some compassion, I mean its only baseball. It's really pretty appalling.......

:D:D;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an article on ESPN says theres a chance of a forfeit..and that the Yankees suggested they leave tampa earlier than they did..so before you go saying the fans started this, blame ESPN for suggesting it.. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

lol, let the generalizations begin..the Yankees have fans worldwide !@#$, and Bills fans will do just fine choosing their own damn teams to root for..

I live down here in NYC and heard the same thing just now on FAN and also agree that it was a bit bizarre to be ripping these guys for not playing the first game today when their homes have been hit with a hurricane. Show a little compassion, for goodness' sake. Then again, since it's the Yanks, it's just another reason to hope that they continue to plummet all the way out of the playoffs. That would be fantastic--I remember reading a great quote from a sportwriter last year to the effect that it's never a suprise at all when the Yankees win the WS, but that it's actually a huge surprise every year that they don't, considering how much they outspend the rest of the league, and that any year that the Yanks don't take the whole ball of wax needs to be seen as a colossal Yankee failure considering that. If you do the math right, Yankee spending would be comparable to putting at least 5-6 Pro Bowl caliber players on each side of the ball in the NFL. You could do that the 'Bolts or the Cards and they'd instantly be odds on favorites to win the Super Bowl. Could you imagine the Bolts adding, for ex., a Walter Jones and Jonathan Ogden to their line, Payton Manning at QB to go along with LT who they already have, adding TO at wideout, Tony Gonzalez at TE and, for good measure, Matt Birk to play center. Who would stop them? I know this won't make Yankee fans happy, but the truth hurts.

The devil rays and all baseball players included are millionaires at worst..and can afford to have gotten their families and friends out of florida long before this hurricane hit..the yankees could have forced this game to go on at 1:05 or get a free win..they didnt..no sympathy for millionaires here who have plenty more options available to them..

The devil rays and all baseball players included are millionaires at worst..and can afford to have gotten their families and friends out of florida long before this hurricane hit..the yankees could have forced this game to go on at 1:05 or get a free win..they didnt..no sympathy for millionaires here who have plenty more options available to them..

19958[/snapback]

Why don't you check how much the players who get the league minimum make, you schmuck. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

They want the Devil-Rays to forfeit todays doubleheader because they couldn't get out of Tampa until 3PM today.  They are simply trashing the Devil-Ray organization for not leaving earlier but they really couldn't (plus have the Players Associations backing to not leave until today). What a bunch of selfish morons!!!!! 

Forget about families, pets, friends, homes, belongings, etc............. :(

Florida has been hit twice in the past few weeks & might get hit again by Ivan... :(

Show some compassion, I mean its only baseball.  It's really pretty appalling.......

:D  :D  ;)

19848[/snapback]

Sad to see that even the radio stations have trolls. ;)

Those obviously weren't Yankee fans,

as Yankee fans are nothing but class all the way,

it's what being a dynasty is all about. ;)

Why don't you get the facts straight before trashing people?

MLB requested that the Devil Rays leave on Friday. They said no. TB said they would leave for NY on Monday in the AM and would be able to play the DH scheduled to start at 3pm on time. For whatever reason, they didn't actually leave TB until after noon today. Meanwhile, the Yankees were told to go ahead as scheduled and over 50,000 people were at the ballpark unaware that the Rays were not in NY.

Sure, I feel bad for the people affected by the hurricane but pro ballplayers who have lots of money and resources could have left for NY and taken their families with them on Friday like they were instructed to do. How about blaming MLB for screwing things up? What if you were in NY and wasted your Labor Day planning on going to a baseball game that you told was going to be played at 3pm and everybody showed up but the opponent? What a waste of a day. People have every right to be ticked off.