I Feel Like the Season is Over

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I agree. I've said consistently that the Bills had to run their record to 7-2, at minimum 6-3 to really give them enough cushion. 

The Bills fade every season down the stretch.

Just go to Pro Football Reference. 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2008 they are either 5-5 or 5-4 after Week 10. Every year they need a 5-2 finish to get to 10-6 and it never happens. 

This is a function of years of poor drafting, leaving a paper thin roster. McDermott has made that depth even more shallow with his Special Teams obsession. 

I agree with you that the other part of the problem is a weak mindset. The Bills went into the Saints game with a meek gameplan on both sides of the ball. Playing soft zone coverage on the outside on D, and playing and absurdly conservative gameplan on offense. 

The Bills have had two step up games this year - at Cincinnati to get to 4-1, and at New York to get to 6-2, and they predictably lost both. Now they have to go 5-2 down the stretch to get to 10-6, not going to happen. Tyrod can't complete a pass, Benjamin is the new Sammy, a WR that the Coaches say they want to get involved but never do, and a defense that joins the 12 or so in the drought that have finished 22nd or worse against the run. 

Its over. 

13 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

I don't think I've ever seen you so down '73.....you're usually one of the few waving the flag of hope when things look bleak......and I mean that as a compliment....

I feel a whole lot better with this mornings decision. there may be hope after all?

and thanks man for the compliment.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973