Lost in this game. An example of how bad the NFL rulebook is

BillsFan130

Here's what I think is even a stupider one than that.  A D lineman jumps off-sides, but not so far off-sides that ref blows it dead.   So the DL is heading right for the QB and likely will sack him.  A O lineman hooks (holds) the guy to stop him from sacking the QB  The result, Off-setting penalties.  To me thta'sa really dumb one.

1 minute ago, jimmy10 said:

There was one punt in the 2Q maybe, where I swear the NO returner waved his arms for a fair catch and then ran the ball back. Did anyone else catch that?

I cant say I did. I'll take your word for it though.

Wouldn't surprise me as the refs seemed inconsistent all day

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Here's what I think is even a stupider one than that.  A D lineman jumps off-sides, but not so far off-sides that ref blows it dead.   So the DL is heading right for the QB and likely will sack him.  A O lineman hooks (holds) the guy to stop him from sacking the QB  The result, Off-setting penalties.  To me thta'sa really dumb one.

Lol agreed 100 percent. Very good point.

I believe I saw that in the Lions game today. 

Just now, billsfan11 said:

I cant say I did. I'll take your word for it though.

Wouldn't surprise me as the refs seemed inconsistent all day

It was right in front of me, from my seat. The guy next to me and I were like “WTF was that, you can’t wave your arms for a fair catch and then advance the ball?” It’s like I was on crazy pills. (And for once I wasn’t!)

• Haha (+1) 1