Shelton.Demulling.Teague.Villarial.Williams

At this point i'd throw in a 4th round pick for Shelton if that what it takes. What tackles in the draft that we have a shot at in the 2nd-7th round that could step in and start immediately at LT like Shelton can? There isn't one!

Trade for Shelton, sign Demulling, and we still have our 2nd and 3rd round pick for other positions.

264620[/snapback]

I don't see a rookie coming in and start at LT that I agree but if don't get Shelton I see a guy like Barnes or Terry stepping at RT with Mike Williams making the switch to LT.

Thats what I'm hoping for as well...if the Bears can get Miller, then Shelton is even more likely to be a Bill.  If not...they'll push hard to land Shelton and we might lose out.

265007[/snapback]

With the Saints signing Jermaine Mayberry and interested in CB/S Dwight Smith, I think there's a good chance that Miller might choose the Bears as they might be able to offer him more money.

I am truly surprised at how many people are suggesting the Mike Williams to LT position switch... I mean, what other LT in the NFL carries as much weight as MW?  Is anyone within 20 lbs?  I think MW would get JP killed at LT by RDE's that do a beep-beep routine right around his fat ass.

264683[/snapback]

I brought this up when he was being drafted. Even back then, folks here thought he could transition easily to the left side. I researched his Longhorns history then and found he never played LT there. I don't know how people here think he can play that side.

We should leave the right side of the line alone. It's coming into a zone and if it ain't broke, why fix it?

If the Henry for Shelton deal is indeed dead, lets stop screwing around and just ship them our 3rd rounder.  I know, its a large price to pay, but it'll definitely get Shelton in a Bills uniform.

264706[/snapback]

I imagine this could be TD just playing "Hard Ball" before giving up what he knows it will take...Kind of like the Bledsoe Trade maybe???

Shelton to the Bills just makes sense, and I imagine it makes a lot of sense to Shelton...He's an ex 1st Rounder who got benched...in Arizona no less...Let's not forget, Shelton could be making this as difficult as the reports claim Henry has...If your LJ Shelton, would you rather go to the Bears or the Bills? Well...that's a dumb question to ask on a Bills Board, but y'all know what I mean...Maybe Shelton can give the Bills a break and make his own Contract demands from Da Bears!

Going without a 1st and a 3rd this year would put an awful lot of pressure on TD and the Shelton Trade. Personally I don't like Trading 1st day Draft Picks, and I think the Bills have too many Needs to fully support throwing in a 3rd. But I am completely unconvinced the current situation along the O-LIne is fully acceptable, so if it took a 3rd...well...hopefully it will only take a 4th... :o

The Shelton deal just isn't happening. I think its time we all come to grips with it.

From all reports, it could have happened at one time but Travis had to be a jackass. They wanted him to play out the last year of his Bills contract and then evaluate at the end of the season. But he wanted to work a brand new deal.

This gave Denny Green time to realize that he has a high pick in the first round for a guy like Cedric Benson or Cadillac Williams and that Travis isn't really the type of back he wants. Shelton is well on his way to Chicago by all reports. But the bottom line is, they just don't want Travis anymore.

I think realistically, here's hoping our line looks like this:

LT: Mike Williams

LG: Rick DeMulling

C: Chris Spencer (2nd Rd., Top Center from Ole Miss)

RG: Chris Villarial

RT: Trey Teague

264661[/snapback]

You mean come to grips with like Redkins fans did about the Coles trade not happening? While I'm not counting on it happening I still think its going to happen.

If Shelton is well on his way to Chicago why isn't he a Bear?

LT: Mike Williams

LG: Rick DeMulling

C: Chris Spencer (2nd Rd., Top Center from Ole Miss)

RG: Chris Villarial

RT: Trey Teague

264661[/snapback]

Good god, you are hoping for a line with four changes on it from last year......the C to RT did a solid job for most of last year as they got used to each other and benefitted from having McNally around, it is bad enough we have to revamp the left side with (hopefully) two new starters but to mess with almost the whole line seems insane.

Keep C-RG-RT the way it is, plus in a couple of new bodies on the left side, and hopefully next year our line play will be sufficient (for the first time since ????).

Good god, you are hoping for a line with four changes on it from last year......the C to RT did a solid job for most of last year as they got used to each other and benefitted from having McNally around, it is bad enough we have to revamp the left side with (hopefully) two new starters but to mess with almost the whole line seems insane.

Keep C-RG-RT the way it is, plus in a couple of new bodies on the left side, and hopefully next year our line play will be sufficient (for the first time since ????).

265182[/snapback]

I agree BBF. Teague would probably be the smallest RT in the league. His size and agility suit him better for OC or LT.

please folks! stop suggesting we give up a draft pick for LJ Shelton. There are NO other teams falling all over themselves to offer a trade to the Cardinals for him.

why do you suppose that is?

if he is so good and so affordable?

and some of you want to throw a 3rd rounder out there for him???? :o

I think it would be great if we could swing this deal; Travis for LJ straight up. Slap in in either at LT, LG, or RT.

sign DeMulling,.....and if TD thinks there is no way to resign Nate before the end of the season, (which i would prefer they sign him to a long term deal if they can manage the camp effectively) then good god...if we can get a #1 pick for him right now? Giddy'up!

please folks!  stop suggesting we give up a draft pick for LJ Shelton.  There are NO other teams falling all over themselves to offer a trade to the Cardinals for him.

why do you suppose that is?

if he is so good and so affordable?

and some of you want to throw a 3rd rounder out there for him????

Seems like LJ is no more highly thought-of than Travis. No draft pick foe Shelton! Green better wise-up and trade him for a decent RB while he can.