Juan Castillo Talks Bills' OL Blocking Schemes

More than Mills ?

More than Ducasse ??

:w00t:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/10/demoted_jets_left_guard_vladimir_ducasse_cant_explain_reasons_for_penalties.html

"The Jets tried to shuffle players — if you want to be safe, don't ask Vladimir Ducasse to watch your back — but nothing worked as the heat kept coming and Sanchez kept ducking and chucking."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/The-Jets-Go-From-Bad-to-Worse-130953513.html?amp=y

Memories..

:w00t:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/10/demoted_jets_left_guard_vladimir_ducasse_cant_explain_reasons_for_penalties.html

"The Jets tried to shuffle players — if you want to be safe, don't ask Vladimir Ducasse to watch your back — but nothing worked as the heat kept coming and Sanchez kept ducking and chucking."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/The-Jets-Go-From-Bad-to-Worse-130953513.html?amp=y

Memories..

ouch.

Wouldn't that be on Dennison or McDermott? Castillo coaches the oline. He doesn't decide the systems.

...interesting question bud.....I would assume Castillo would evaluate the personnel and develop the blocking scheme in conjunction with Dennison's offensive scheme.....BUT, maybe you're right.....perhaps Dennison/McD dictate to Castillo what they want the blocking scheme to be and give him the edict to make it work....what is your take?....

...interesting question bud.....I would assume Castillo would evaluate the personnel and develop the blocking scheme in conjunction with Dennison's offensive scheme.....BUT, maybe you're right.....perhaps Dennison/McD dictate to Castillo what they want the blocking scheme to be and give him the edict to make it work....what is your take?....

That would be the way I would think it works. Dennison/McD dictate the system and Castillo just tries to coach them on it. Then again, I have no idea what actually goes on in the coaching world. Its just what would make sense to me. I view an oline coach, rbs coach, wr coach, etc as the lackey men that just do what they are told so to speak.

That would be the way I would think it works. Dennison/McD dictate the system and Castillo just tries to coach them on it. Then again, I have no idea what actually goes on in the coaching world. Its just what would make sense to me. I view an oline coach, rbs coach, wr coach, etc as the lackey men that just do what they are told so to speak.

....you're probably right......but instead of employing lackeys, I'd want guys on my staff who excel in their particular coaching discipline and are not afraid to challenge me with their perspectives or ideas......I could easily have missed something in MY assessment and scheme determination......we'd hash it out and hopefully come to a consensus.......that would be why I hired them, namely for their expertise.................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....you're probably right......but instead of employing lackeys, I'd want guys on my staff who excel in their particular coaching discipline and are not afraid to challenge me with their perspectives or ideas......I could easily have missed something in MY assessment and scheme determination......we'd hash it out and hopefully come to a consensus.......that would be why I hired them, namely for their expertise.................

Well the thing is that they came in wanting to run a west coast offense style. That style typically uses zone blocking and zone running schemes which is what we are using.

I watch every game, and being a critic of the Oline, except for incognito and wood. I don't think it's that complicated, they seem to run the same plays. Watch the first play. 7 times out of 10 it's been McCoy off left tackle for one or two. Every time he runs this play it's a team portrait of the other teams defense! It's so predictable, grant we don't have the most talented team, but at least mix up the faces, use McCoy as a decoy once in a while to set an unknown up. Anything to keep the D off balance, maybe throw downfield. Anything to be different.

I watch every game, and being a critic of the Oline, except for incognito and wood. I don't think it's that complicated, they seem to run the same plays. Watch the first play. 7 times out of 10 it's been McCoy off left tackle for one or two. Every time he runs this play it's a team portrait of the other teams defense! It's so predictable, grant we don't have the most talented team, but at least mix up the faces, use McCoy as a decoy once in a while to set an unknown up. Anything to keep the D off balance, maybe throw downfield. Anything to be different.

...darn good observation.....it's like beating a dead horse and expecting opposing DC's not to pick up on it.....pretty innovative, right??............."run run pass punt" as Chuck Knox would say...had 'em all fooled...........

More than Mills ?

More than Ducasse ??

Pears was a far worse guard than Mills is a tackle imo. Which says a lot about my opinion on the guy's play.

Ducasse has NO business being in the league, let alone starting. But I attribute his presence to Castillo's. Thus, Castillo is who I blame most.

But Ducasse is flippin' brutal.

Pears was a far worse guard than Mills is a tackle imo. Which says a lot about my opinion on the guy's play.

Ducasse has NO business being in the league, let alone starting. But I attribute his presence to Castillo's. Thus, Castillo is who I blame most.

But Ducasse is flippin' brutal.

and they both accentuate each other holding up the right side of center