Buy / Sell / Hold Week 5

boyst

Boyst62, I'd like to thank you for starting this great topic. I'm beginning to look forward to it every week just like Astro's training camp reports. This is a great topic that fosters some great discussions, and I thoroughly enjoy it, so thank you again!

With that said, I'm just a little gray on the whole buy/sell/hold and want to make sure I'm posting the right into. When I saw Alphadawg's post I felt rather ignorant as to the whole exact process. Let me see if I'm getting this right:

Buying means the guy is not exactly fetching a king's ransom of a price, but is doing well to the point that getting him while the price is low/moderate is the thing to do, because he's ready to blossom.

Selling means the guy is really not doing well, and for a while now, and isn't showing signs of improving, so the best thing is to get rid of him while you can to get SOMETHING for him, as his stock price will continue to plummet.

Holding means the guy is a)either doing really well, and you want to retain him as his stock is deemed too valuable to sell, or b)he has flashed signs of potential, but nothing consistent enough to buy just yet.

Am I in the right ballpark? Again this is a fun topic to be a part of, I want to make sure I'm not looking like an idiot posting players for the entirely wrong reasons.

BTW, all i know for certain is that I DO NOT want to continue to see Tolbert as the backup to Shady. The best way to describe the feeling I get watching Tolbert run sweeps, or trying to go east/west, is like watching a friend of yours get up on stage at a karaoke bar, and sing his heart out, only to see people in the audience cringing, or stifling hearty laughter, meanwhile cats are turning themselves inside out, and birds are spontaneously combusting.

Edited by smuvtalker

Boyst62, I'd like to thank you for starting this great topic. I'm beginning to look forward to it every week just like Astro's training camp reports. This is a great topic that fosters some great discussions, and I thoroughly enjoy it, so thank you again!

With that said, I'm just a little gray on the whole buy/sell/hold and want to make sure I'm posting the right into. When I saw Alphadawg's post I felt rather ignorant as to the whole exact process. Let me see if I'm getting this right:

Buying means the guy is not exactly fetching a king's ransom of a price, but is doing well to the point that getting him while the price is low/moderate is the thing to do, because he's ready to blossom.

Selling means the guy is really not doing well, and for a while now, and isn't showing signs of improving, so the best thing is to get rid of him while you can to get SOMETHING for him, as his stock price will continue to plummet.

Holding means the guy is a)either doing really well, and you want to retain him as his stock is deemed too valuable to sell, or b)he has flashed signs of potential, but nothing consistent enough to buy just yet.

Am I in the right ballpark? Again this is a fun topic to be a part of, I want to make sure I'm not looking like an idiot posting players for the entirely wrong reasons.

BTW, all i know for certain is that I DO NOT want to continue to see Tolbert as the backup to Shady. The best way to describe the feeling I get watching Tolbert run sweeps, or trying to go east/west, is like watching a friend of yours get up on stage at a karaoke bar, and sing his heart out, only to see people in the audience cringing, or stifling hearty laughter, meanwhile cats are turning themselves inside out, and birds are spontaneously combusting.

you are planning for cashing out after week 17. season long stocks.

you can go beyond that if you really want to.

but buying means you're buying stock in a player arbitrarily believing he will get better.

selling means you see no reason to think the play will get any higher and you want to sell high or you just want to dump him.

hold means you have some stock in a player and not sure what you want to do OR you have stock and like that he will add value.

it's all arbitrary as it was years ago when we used to do this. you can buy a different guy every week or sell a player you never bought.

i'm thinking this week i sell incognito, for example. a player i never bought. but that's an emotional response to him playing poorly.