Another Deplaning by Force

ExiledInIllinois

They still do not allow them in cargo, so larger dogs are SOL.

Animals in the cargo compartment has more to do with the airplane than the company.

Some airplanes have fairly good environmental controls and monitoring of cargo. Some do not.

If I knew there was an animal there, I would always make it a point to check on them on the ramp, prior to them going into the compartment.

Never saw one on a flight over six hours, and not a good idea, as the drugs wear off.

After a career of this, I would never put a pet of mine in there.

Dark, noisy and probably really scary.

Most airlines do not permit carriage in the summer. The ramps are too hot.

Animals in the cargo compartment has more to do with the airplane than the company.

Some airplanes have fairly good environmental controls and monitoring of cargo. Some do not.

If I knew there was an animal there, I would always make it a point to check on them on the ramp, prior to them going into the compartment.

Never saw one on a flight over six hours, and not a good idea, as the drugs wear off.

After a career of this, I would never put a pet of mine in there.

Dark, noisy and probably really scary.

Most airlines do not permit carriage in the summer. The ramps are too hot.

We had a cat that had to be put down about a year after traveling cargo. Wouldn't do it again. Would have to drive. This was in 1995. Cat was only 3 years old. Kidneys were shutting down. We will never know if it was that trip out here from BFLo (short flight) or not? Vet said it was "congenital." Or was it?

We had a cat that had to be put down about a year after traveling cargo. Wouldn't do it again. Would have to drive. This was in 1995. Cat was only 3 years old. Kidneys were shutting down. We will never know if it was that trip out here from BFLo (short flight) or not? Vet said it was "congenital." Or was it?

I doubt is was airplane related.

Animals don't like stress.

The cargo compartment is about 60-65 degrees, and comfortably pressurized, but it's stressful for them.

I doubt is was airplane related.

Animals don't like stress.

The cargo compartment is about 60-65 degrees, and comfortably pressurized, but it's stressful for them.

Yeah... She was sedated too. Yet, wouldn't do it again.

Not as bad as Mitt Romney strapping his Irish setter to the roof rack and heading up to Montreal. I am not that bad of a pet owner! ;-)

I am starting to dislike dogs due to dog owners. My sister is the prime example. She goes everywhere with the dog-- has to go to dog friendly restaurants, etc.

now she's trying to get it certified as a service animal so she can fly with the dog-- even though she has no legit reason to do so.

Tell her to have a baby! ;-)

We have a discussion in my family about this. My daughter calls it: "The Dog Cult."

Especially annoying are the "dog walkers" who don't pick up after said dog. Even more annoying are the ones (like neighbors across street) that call their dogs "the children."

Don't even get me started on outdoor cats... Cat people, whole other realm. Yet, I got 3 and one's on loan to another petting zoo (my son). I must be certifiably nuts (I don't need any of you here to reaffirm this) to allow this in my life. ;-) But it makes some happy... So I endure through with my labor and hard work making sure they all have a blessed life too! They are all God's creatures.