THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Now, That's What I'm Talkin' About&#

Shaw66

I agree with you. All I'm saying is that his development could go the other way. James Hardy showed a lot of promise and literally collapsed under the pressure and the bright lights. Not saying that will happen, but it could.

Zay's got some work to do.

Yes, tough catch. Second one he missed, also high, was easier. Got to him quicker than he expected. The ball against Carolina, he misplayed.

Any way you look at it, you don't see many NFL receivers fail to make two tough catches in a row, let alone three. Remember that two weeks ago plenty of people said Clay should have caught that ball on the goal line because NFL receivers are expected to make those catches. Clay's miss was the same degree of difficulty as both of Zay's yesterday.

Not trying to make a big deal about it. It's just what I thought yesterday when I saw those two plays. Most everyone else on the field was performing, and Zay wasn't helping.

True. Love your take on doing your job. As you say often coaching makes a big difference in the NFL

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great write up and always enjoy reading your thoughts. Thanks for the hard work!

- It was too bad Denver had that one outlier crazy 4 play drive complete with ridiculous long gain and stupid penalty

How awesome is it to be able to watch the third game of the season and be able to call that series an "outlier". I'd bet McD had some pretty strong thoughts on that series he will share with the team. That was nuckin futz.

Thanks again for the write up. The crowd was loud at times, people are starting to believe this defense is the real deal and their ready to throw their voices behind them. I'm keeping an eye on the aftermarket for the Dec 10th & 17th home games (currently available for $22 & $26) to see when/if people start believing this team is the real deal.

Thanks again for the write up. The crowd was loud at times, people are starting to believe this defense is the real deal and their ready to throw their voices behind them. I'm keeping an eye on the aftermarket for the Dec 10th & 17th home games (currently available for $22 & $26) to see when/if people start believing this team is the real deal.

It would be nice to make those Pats fans driving in from Boston pay a premium for seats.

'

We looked like the Patriots yesterday, methodical and in control with a clear plan. That score before the half may just have convinced me this is a different Bills team.

In light of Shaws Belichick comparison and your Patriot comparison Im gonna take this a step further and say that this Bills team is alot like a Bill Parcells coached team. Nothing flashy offensively. Big plays when needed but more importantly a superior job protecting the football and as Parcells once said "having players who do the right thing most of the time". Coupled with great defense. Thats who Mcdermott reminds me of. Maybe a kinder gentler version of one of my all time favorite coaches( Marv not even in the same category. Sorry but thats the truth.) But still that win on Sunday was reminicent in many regards to those 80s and 90s Parcells coached teams. Play smart. Let the opponent beat themselves. They beat Atlanta, Ill be convinced theyve got something special going on.

Edited by Billsmovinup

In light of Shaws Belichick comparison and your Patriot comparison Im gonna take this a step further and say that this Bills team is alot like a Bill Parcells coached team. Nothing flashy offensively. Big plays when needed but more importantly a superior job protecting the football and as Parcells once said "having players who do the right thing most of the time". Coupled with great defense. Thats who Mcdermott reminds me of. Maybe a kinder gentler version of one of my all time favorite coaches( Marv not even in the same category. Sorry but thats the truth.) But still that win on Sunday was reminicent in many regards to those 80s and 90s Parcells coached teams. Play smart. Let the opponent beat themselves. They beat Atlanta, Ill be convinced theyve got something special going on.

I think Belichick learned a lot from Parcells. Parcells of course was more emotional than Belichick, but I think you're correct about their approaches to the game.

Whatever is going on in McDermott's head, I like it so far. Still, I hope we'll see a more diversified and productive offense over time.