Tyrod Presser - Interesting insight to playcalling

Virgil

Nice pick up Virgil. Gofta bring this up when people cry about open WRs without knowing the play call and read progression. And if a qb run is the 3rd read here then that means hes going thru progressions not lkke the petermen nut huggers would want you to believe.

It tells a lot to those who say he takes off to run too quickly that there are plays where his second progression is run and third is to pass.

It tells a lot to those who say he takes off to run too quickly that there are plays where his second progression is run and third is to pass.

Uhm, you just described the play. Option 1 - Matthews, Option 2 - Run, Option 3 - Pass.

He executed that play to perfection. The criticism (from me at least) is that before yesterday he would not have thrown that pass to Clay and that is the exact play where I referred to plays left on the field.

Hopefully that's another stepping stone.

Uhm, you just described the play. Option 1 - Matthews, Option 2 - Run, Option 3 - Pass.

He executed that play to perfection. The criticism (from me at least) is that before yesterday he would not have thrown that pass to Clay and that is the exact play where I referred to plays left on the field.

I agree. He actually defied his coach and progressions. Ha. I just mean he likely is coached to run more than us fans know. I was surprised to hear that and I follow this pretty close.

I agree. He actually defied his coach and progressions. Ha. I just mean he likely is coached to run more than us fans know. I was surprised to hear that and I follow this pretty close.

I hope they are coaching him to run. He is a playmaker with his legs when he wants to be. When he busted out in 2015, he ran through the middle of field looking to gain yardage in chunks. He also took some nasty hits (see Tennessee horse collar), but he won games with his legs. Would like to see more of that old T Taylor, but also knowing when to slide.

Seems to me that when he runs most of the time now, he is immediately running to the sideline to get out and doesn't get many yards. Would be great if he could still run up the middle sometimes for chunks but get down at the end and have some more of those 70 yd rushing games.

That's not true at all. In 2015 he was one of the best QBs in the NFL throwing on the run. He was always keeping his eyes downfield on runs unless it was obvious he could pick up an easy first down or 10 yards etc.

Thats Right, i hate seeing the posters crusade with the "he makes one read then runs" comments. Drives me nuts, if you pause and watch the plays carefully its easy to see Tyrod is not a one read QB. 1st off none of us know what or who hes looking at anyway so thats assuming way too muchright off the bat. The downfield throws and throws on the run he does make, illustrate hes going thru progressions, not just one read.