Question: Why is everyone interested in a LT?

Ive been thinking about this since Drew was going to be released. We are getting a young QB under an old really not that great of a center. So The idea I have is this: Move Mike Williams to LT Move Trey Teaugue to RT SIGN a 4 YEAR VETERAN at CENTER Draft/sign 2 OT's for depth. I strongly believe that center is our need here guys, its best for our new QB rookie to get familiar with his center for atleast 4 years and Teaugue is not a center and is not going to last 4 years at the position.

I think if Losman pans out the way I feel he will the offensive line is not going to be as big of an issue as Bledsoe made it appear to be. I rember Bledsoes last game against the Jets when he was in NE the announcers were stating this is the worse line in the NFL and they need to upgrade it. THis same offensive line that aided Tom Brady to his first of three Superbowl wins. Which tells me the line is only as good as the QB's decision making and escapability which Losman has a lot of escapability. Plus the bootlegs and the rollouts and the running of our RBS will make it easier on the line because lines like to block down field.

So a List of my free agent draft needs in their priority and the reason why:

1. QB- we have an unproven QB who has already broken a bone before a season started so a qaulity Veteran QB would be my first need to be filled.

2. C- I would sign a center with in the next week because as i stated above i feel its neccessary for a c-qb to hav a long lasting relationship plus i think it would be a great upgrade.

3/4. RT/LG- I would like to upgrade the line with serviceable lineman at inexpensive price so which ever order i get the cheapest first is the order i get one.

4. Possesion 3 Wide Reciever- I think all our WR below evans are not that good with their hands or running their routes- THis would take pressure off of moulds and evans if we had a good hands/route runner not afraid to go over the middle.

5. TE-this could be a draft need but i do like a couple of TE in the FA market and with two of our TE coming off injury this is a true need. Rookie qbs need that outlet to throw to.

6. DT- I would Draft this number 2 pick and Edwards will not be the starter TIM will be.

7. RB- 3rd round pick- Everything I keep reading states there will be great depth at RB's this year we could draft a qulity back up right here- we did with Henry in the 2nd.

8. OL- 4th round pick

and then the best available players for depth including a 3rd string QB rounds 5-7 plus any comp picks.

The last thing I would note during my list of priorities I would be feeling out Ty Law because I feel Mcgee needs another year and the leadership of Law And Vincent would make our corners outstanding.

Well im ready for the hits, but let me assure you I feel comfortable with our roster and I really dont feel we lost anything we couldnt upgrade at less of a price tag. For those of you who do have a cap mind dont forget we need to save cap room for Mcgahees incentive bonuses and others that might have them in the contract that come out of this years cap at the end of the season.

I'm not worrying about it anymore.  I'm leaving it all up to Jim McNally.

262382[/snapback]

I'm with you there. I think it's more than safe to assume that Donahoe and McNally are working together to get it figured out.

To address the original poster, however, the idea of an upgrade at center has been discussed several times recently. I think that is definitely an option, however I think it makes more sense to put Teague at LT and keep MW at RT. Those are their natural positions.

By the way, Teague is only 30........that's not really 'old' for an OL

I'm not worrying about it anymore.  I'm leaving it all up to Jim McNally.

262382[/snapback]

Because we don't have one. Mike Williams is barely a RT, and him protecting

the blind side of our rookie QB is really scary.

Putting Teague at LT would be risky, especially since he wasn't so great at LT for the Broncos, allowing him to be available to us anyway. But, to put him at RT would really be a wrong move. He doesn't have the bulk to withstand playing on the strong side. He did improve in his fundamentals at center (line calls, shotgun snaps) during the season. He still needs to get stronger so that he can handle the big guys in the middle of the line, though. Personally, I'd like to see him kept at center, with someone else brought in (via free agency or the draft) to compete for the position as well.

Ive been thinking about this since Drew was going to be released. We are getting a young QB under an old really not that great of a center. So The idea I have is this: Move Mike Williams to LT Move Trey Teaugue to RT SIGN a 4 YEAR VETERAN at CENTER Draft/sign 2 OT's for depth.  I strongly believe that center is our need here guys, its best for our new QB rookie to get familiar with his center for atleast 4 years and Teaugue is not a center and is not going to last 4 years at the position.

I think if Losman pans out the way I feel he will the offensive line is not going to be as big of an issue as Bledsoe made it appear to be. I rember Bledsoes last game against the Jets when he was in NE the announcers were stating this is the worse line in the NFL and they need to upgrade it. THis same offensive line that aided Tom Brady to his first of three Superbowl wins.  Which tells me the line is only as good as the QB's decision making and escapability which Losman has a lot of escapability. Plus the bootlegs and the rollouts and the running of our RBS will make it easier on the line because lines like to block down field.

So a List of my free agent draft needs in their priority and the reason why:

1. QB- we have an unproven QB who has already broken a bone before a season started so a qaulity Veteran QB would be my first need to be filled.

2. C- I would sign a center with in the next week because as i stated above i feel its neccessary for a c-qb to hav a long lasting relationship plus i think it would be a great upgrade.

3/4. RT/LG-  I would like to upgrade the line with serviceable lineman at inexpensive price so which ever order i get the cheapest first is the order i get one.

4. Possesion  3 Wide Reciever- I think all our WR below evans are not that good with their hands or running their routes- THis would take pressure off of moulds and evans if we had a good hands/route runner not afraid to go over the middle.

5. TE-this could be a draft need but i do like a couple of TE in the FA market and with two of our TE coming off injury this is a true need. Rookie qbs need that outlet to throw to.

6. DT- I would Draft this number 2 pick and Edwards will not be the starter TIM will be.

7. RB- 3rd round pick- Everything I keep reading states there will be great depth at RB's this year we could draft a qulity back up right here- we did with Henry in the 2nd.

8. OL- 4th round pick

and then the best available players for depth including a 3rd string QB  rounds 5-7 plus any comp picks.

The last thing I would note during my list of priorities I would be feeling out Ty Law because I feel Mcgee needs another year and the leadership of Law And Vincent would make our corners outstanding.

Well im ready for the hits, but let me assure you I feel comfortable with our roster and I really dont feel we lost anything we couldnt upgrade at less of a price tag. For those of you who do have a cap mind dont forget we need to save cap room for Mcgahees incentive bonuses and others that might have them in the contract that come out of this years cap at the end of the season.

262381[/snapback]

If Teague moves anywhere, it will be to LT, not RT

I think what is more likely to happen is that the right side will stay as is, Tucker will be our new C (and I like him b/c he plays with attitude), Teague will be our new LT (MW doesn't have the footspeed for the position), and we will sign a LG, probably Keydrick Vincent from Pittsburgh.

Now, if the Henry-Shelton deal goes thru, I can see Shelton being our new RT, MW moving to LG with teague at LT and Tucker at C. This speculation is from McNally's article last year that said the line could be reshuffled.

Either way, I think teague could be our new LT (with our 2nd rd pick going that way as well b/c Teague is a FA after 05) and Tucker being our new C.

I think what is more likely to happen is that the right side will stay as is, Tucker will be our new C (and I like him b/c he plays with attitude), Teague will be our new LT (MW doesn't have the footspeed for the position), and we will sign a LG, probably Keydrick Vincent from Pittsburgh. 

Now, if the Henry-Shelton deal goes thru, I can see Shelton being our new RT, MW moving to LG with teague at LT and Tucker at C.  This speculation is from McNally's article last year that said the line could be reshuffled. 

Either way, I think teague could be our new LT (with our 2nd rd pick going that way as well b/c Teague is a FA after 05) and Tucker being our new C.

262405[/snapback]

I agree, i think the line could be reshuffled But im I like tucker but his he capable of being the type fo center we need him to be?

I agree, i think the line could be reshuffled But im I like tucker but his he capable of being the type fo center we need him to be?

262413[/snapback]

Not to antagonize the drew supporters here, but seriously, I think our line was upgraded a little bit with the switch to JP. It's going to be the same effect as when Flutie took over for RJ and all of a sudden the line looked improved overnight.

Now, if the Henry-Shelton deal goes thru, I can see Shelton being our new RT, MW moving to LG with teague at LT and Tucker at C.  This speculation is from McNally's article last year that said the line could be reshuffled. 

262405[/snapback]

I agree MW does not play LT. That being said, why the hell we sign him to

such a huge deal as a LT?

He will count $9 mill against the cap this year?

Not to antagonize the drew supporters here, but seriously, I think our line was upgraded a little bit with the switch to JP. It's going to be the same effect as when Flutie took over for RJ and all of a sudden the line looked improved overnight.

262419[/snapback]

Exactly. When they don't have to hold up for 4.5 - 5 seconds EVERY play, they might actually look like something. Hell, a screen pass might not be too far away! Imagine that! A Screen!

Exactly. When they don't have to hold up for 4.5  - 5 seconds EVERY play, they might actually look like something.  Hell, a screen pass might not be too far away! Imagine that! A Screen!

262423[/snapback]

You know, I didn't realize it until all the talk of Drew going back with Parcells began to pick up steam, but apprently the guy has ALWAYS had problems with the short ball. Obviously, with the complexity of defenses today you have GOT to be adept at dumping the ball off and hitting screens.

Anyway, I know it's a dead horse, I was just surprised to see that the guy has always been criticized for this issue.......I'm not saying we have the best Oline in the world, but I think I was placing too much of the blame on them.

262419[/snapback]

I think the QB position was upgraded with the switch to JP.

So The idea I have is this: Move Mike Williams to LT Move Trey Teaugue to RT SIGN a 4 YEAR VETERAN at CENTER Draft/sign 2 OT's for depth. 

262381[/snapback]

I think this is too much shuffling of the OL. I would leave MW at RT and TT at OC. Re-sign Marcus Price as our #1 backup for both tackle positions. Find a starting LT via trade or FA to replace Jennings and if the cap allows, a new left guard to replace Tucker.

You know, I didn't realize it until all the talk of Drew going back with Parcells began to pick up steam, but apprently the guy has ALWAYS had problems with the short ball. Obviously, with the complexity of defenses today you have GOT to be adept at dumping the ball off and hitting screens.

Anyway, I know it's a dead horse, I was just surprised to see that the guy has always been criticized for this issue.......I'm not saying we have the best Oline in the world, but I think I was placing too much of the blame on them.

262433[/snapback]

I never blamed the line once last year I was always saying *&^^%#*@ Drew!!!! When you have a bcak that comes in and averages a 100yds per game the line isnt as bad as the qb he wouldnt hit the guy 2 feet to the left, right or infron of him. Drew hated i mean he HATED the passes that were less than 8 yards we would still look for the guy that was covered by 2 or 3 in the secondary in hopes of the big play. HIs stats all year long were fluffed think about it he averaged 1 play a game of atlest 50-80 yds usually in the last minute of the 4th qtr and he averaged 180 yds a game. There was also a game or 2 I remeber the backups came in( i mean the Back up RB and the Back up qb) and ran every down, downt the feild for a score. My point, How bad can the line actually be if we can run the ball better than half the leaugue throw in those short passes and see how much our offensive goes from one to a two dimensional offense.

I agree MW does not play LT. That being said, why the hell we sign him to

I really couldn't agree more. I actually favored cutting MW b/c he would not renegotiate and using the money to sign Jonas. Then making the Shelton deal.

Since that didn't happen, if MW does not re-do his deal next year, he should be cut. We need the money to re-sign Nate and keep Moulds. We need Moulds for 06 to take our one big shot in 06 before armageddon.

I never blamed the line once last year I was always saying *&^^%#*@ Drew!!!! When you have a bcak that comes in and averages a 100yds per game the line isnt as bad as the qb he wouldnt hit the guy 2 feet to the left, right or infron of him. Drew hated i mean he HATED the passes that were less than 8 yards we would still look for the guy that was covered by 2 or 3 in the secondary in hopes of the big play. HIs stats all year long were fluffed think about it he averaged 1 play a game of atlest 50-80 yds usually in the last minute of the 4th qtr and he averaged 180 yds a game. There was also a game or 2 I remeber the backups came in( i mean the Back up RB and the Back up qb) and ran every down, downt the feild for a score. My point, How bad can the line actually be if we can run the ball better than half the leaugue throw in those short passes and see how much our offensive goes from one to a two dimensional offense.

262461[/snapback]

It will be interesting to see the difference with JP back there, that's for sure. One thing Drew apparently did all the time was audible out of a running play (or maybe a screen?) into a pass. Oh well.......I'm glad he's Dallas' problem now. It'll be very interesting to see how he does now that 4 out of 5 of the 'boys staring Olinmen are solid.

I agree MW does not play LT.  That being said, why the hell we sign him to

262422[/snapback]

This was one of the many mistakes we've seen from TD. He blew it, plain and simple.

This was one of the many mistakes we've seen from TD.  He blew it, plain and simple.

262705[/snapback]

The thing is, the guy had a weight problem, and not enough quickness

to play left tackle. so why do you draft him and project to him to do so?

TD really has a bad habit of trying this and this one really is costing us.

We were also coming off a 3-13 season. You move down in the draft

and try to get additional picks.