Ty Law to meet with Bills Saturday?

seq004

Maybe I am mildly retarded but why in the world would somebody complain about signing one of the top corners in the league. Especially when our top corner is set to hit the free agent market next year. What other NEEDS do we have to are so critical we can't overcome through the draft and second tier free agents? Does anybody have a list of June 1 cuts that I missed. Answer:NO. I'll bet TD and staff have a basic list however. It is a long offseason. Don't worry.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

True dat.  But remember it was Ty's cousin who "borrowed" Ty's bag and left the stuff in it.  LMAO.

I don't like this deal.  Ty is going to be too expensive.

262138[/snapback]

so what?????? why are people obsessed with penny pinching???? this is a freaking sport, a hobby! the bills are in no cap danger even if they were to give law a giant contract. as a fan, i have no problem with the team being up against the cap every year. look at the frugal az cardinals for the alternative ...

Maybe I am mildly retarded but why in the world would somebody complain about signing one of the top corners in the league. Especially when our top corner is set to hit the free agent market next year. What other NEEDS do we have to are so critical we can't overcome through the draft and second tier free agents? Does anybody have a list of June 1 cuts that I missed. Answer:NO. I'll bet TD and staff have a basic list however. It is a long offseason. Don't worry.

262151[/snapback]

Exactly. In a year people will be whining when Nate leaves and upset that we can't afford to sign a solid corner. If ew can get Ty Law for a decent ammount we'll have he and McGee as our corner for the 2-3 years after Nate leaves, and then Ty can always move to FS when Vincent retires. I'm all for signing him IF we don't have to break the bank.

I'm tempted to believe this, simply because last year there was a strong feeling that Ty Law wanted to come to Buffalo (ie sporting the Buffalo Bills Equipment t-shirt alongside his teammates sporting their New England: World Champ gear on an interview with NFL Network).

But regardless, for the sake of argument, lets assume that we do sign Law. At least for next season we are going to hands down have THE BEST secondary in the league, and I'm hard pressed to think of many that would have been better in the history of the league. Granted we have other holes to fill, but that is going to be one kick ass secondary.

I think deep down a lot of people are opposed to this because they're in awe of the Great God Belichick. You know, "if Belichick lets him go then the guy must be finished," yadda yadda.

That said, if Ty Law is healthy and if he is willing to take less than top dollar up front (i.e. a nice backloaded contract without a huge signing bonus that still allows him to say "i got mine" while allowing Buffalo to release him after three years without a huge cap hit), I am all for getting him in here.

Clements, Law, Vincent and Milloy, with McGee as the nickelback? Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't want a secondary like that?

Plus Eric Moulds would be as happy as a pig in sh-- without having to play against Law twice a year.