Baker Mayfield...

KellyToughII

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wasn't his fault that his OC decided to run stupid option runs in the second half and OT.

However as I've stated before this makes it a lot easier for us to get him. His play this year and in this game shows he is an elite prospect and his emotions after the game show how great of a competitor he is and would love to have him lead our team.

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

The over analysis has started and no better example here.  Guy plays four years and doesn't have fumble issues, but his hands are too small.   Watched him throw passes all year where only his wide outs can catch it, but now he doesn't fit the ball into tight windows.   He goes for 287 and 2 touchdowns against Georgia's defense and will slide down draft boards, where Josh Allen goes for 179 against Central Michigan and is suddenly shooting up draft boards again.  He gets a cold and suddenly has immune issues, Josh Rosen doesnt play in his game because of a 4 week old concussion but no worries there.

Bottom line on Mayfield is every NFL Executive is scared to draft him because of his height but wants to point issues that dont exist because they are scared to admit its only about his height. 

Amen brother, but let's hope he slides to us.

• Like (+1) 1

....not getting to see college ball, I had a chance to see the Mayfield kid for the first time in the Rose Bowl and was surprised he was a spread guy......you guys will hopefully educate me.....how does the spread differ substantially from the Air Raid (which seems to be synonymous with leprosy)?........do you think Mayfield's shotgun style is something McD/Dennison are looking for versus your typical under center/pocket type passer?...thanks for the help............

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....not getting to see college ball, I had a chance to see the Mayfield kid for the first time in the Rose Bowl and was surprised he was a spread guy......you guys will hopefully educate me.....how does the spread differ substantially from the Air Raid (which seems to be synonymous with leprosy)?........do you think Mayfield's shotgun style is something McD/Dennison are looking for versus your typical under center/pocket type passer?...thanks for the help............

There are more reads in the Oklahoma offense versus the air raid so that is a plus.

The Bills would prefer a drop back passer  but it's not like Mayfield can't do it.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

There are more reads in the Oklahoma offense versus the air raid so that is a plus.

The Bills would prefer a drop back passer  but it's not like Mayfield can't do it.

....thanks for the help...much appreciated............:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.