Wow, Darby is looking great tonight...

T-Bomb

I'm not sure if he will be to be honest. There was an ex-NFL football player talking about Darby and said something like "if you can't find the ball in the air as a corner, you won't be a starter for very long"....

That's what his scouting report said his problem was, it was really evident last year.....

He proved his rookie year he has the tools to develop into a long term starter.

Last year, sure, certainly wasn't as consistent, I don't think that means he's some bum now.

He gets torched all regular season, then yes, we came out ahead on this deal.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going to do just fine in Philly. Much better defensive coaching there than what he was getting here. There's a couple of things he needs to clean up a bit, but he has the potential to be a perennial pro bowl player. And guys like Jim Schwartz, Cory Undlin, and Brian Dawkis will get the most out of is potential.

---------

This^ His coverage was good, basically in the receivers pocket but couldn't time the jump and got beat on the high point. Reminded me of Leodis.

Lol. Funny, I thought of Mckelvin too..

Mayock nailed it saying he has trouble locating the ball in air,which is true. Also said he has had an inconsistent career, I completely agree, his last 20 games with Buffalo were average at best.

Has elite physical tools , which I agree but gotta locate that ball or them tools don't mean much..

Random thought about the game - Sammy's lil bro Jaylen (I think) Watkins can play CB

He proved his rookie year he has the tools to develop into a long term starter.

Last year, sure, certainly wasn't as consistent, I don't think that means he's some bum now.

He gets torched all regular season, then yes, we came out ahead on this deal.

I think his rookie year proved he had a good rookie year. He's not the only person that has had a great rookie year never to follow up on it.