I Beat Maurice Clarett

Back in high school (10 years ago) I was considered very fast. The best I ran was a 4.7. Its a lot harder than you think.

260952[/snapback]

Exactly. I have a cousin who is on the Michigan State football team. He also ran hurdles in high school (won 2 state titles in the 110 hurdles), and his recorded 40 time at Mich. State is 4.5! Running 4.8 is very tough. Now, imagine someone as big as the late Reggie White being able to do it, which he was. Scary, isn't it?

Have any of you people actually run a 40?  I'd be willing to bet that there are very few, if any, members of this board that can run a 4.82 40.

260521[/snapback]

I was electronically timed at Bowling Greens football camp at 4.75 and 4.77. That was when I was in peak condition about 6 years ago. Now I could probably barely crack 5 seconds.

I have run the 40, we used it for HS football. I ran it every year. I was a QB. My best time, after I had worked out & ran all summer to get ready for my senior year, was 5.15. 4.86 is a damn good time for a normal human, not so good for an NFL RB.

I'd be willing to bet that noone on this board could break 4.86 in the 40.

I would love to test this out at next year's tailgate. Anyone who thinks they can beat MC's time, we should set up a 40y dash next to Lot1,Pole6. For the obvious terrible "track" conditions, I'll even give you a couple tenths of a second. I'm still betting anyone who says they could beat MC can't even crack 5.0.

steve, i'll take that challenge

261172[/snapback]

Home opener: Lot1, Pole6 - 40yards. 5.0 seconds.

The last time I went to a tailgate. I played washer toss against a friend. I beat him 3-0 and we played for a beer each game. He obviously owed me three beers, but I told him we would be even for one beer if he brough it to me and said "Here is your beer, sir". He chose to buy me three beers.

If we happen to be sitting close, I'll happily bet you 3 beers on that 5.0 seconds. If not, I think $20 sounds fair.

You can pick the spot in the parking lot.

I would love to test this out at next year's tailgate. Anyone who thinks they can beat MC's time, we should set up a 40y dash next to Lot1,Pole6. For the obvious terrible "track" conditions, I'll even give you a couple tenths of a second. I'm still betting anyone who says they could beat MC can't even crack 5.0.

261167[/snapback]

I'll hold a beer and laugh. You can guarantee I won't be competing.

Home opener: Lot1, Pole6 - 40yards. 5.0 seconds.

The last time I went to a tailgate. I played washer toss against a friend. I beat him 3-0 and we played for a beer each game. He obviously owed me three beers, but I told him we would be even for one beer if he brough it to me and said "Here is your beer, sir". He chose to buy me three beers.

If we happen to be sitting close, I'll happily bet you 3 beers on that 5.0 seconds. If not, I think $20 sounds fair. 

You can pick the spot in the parking lot.

261203[/snapback]

sure that sounds fair... by then i'll be legal also :devil: