UB Lost on the road

garyp

Well with this loss on the road I think they will need to win the conference tourney to make the big dance. Thought they would have a great chance for an at large bid if they won their last two games. Just dont see it now.

Well with this loss on the road I think they will need to win the conference tourney to make the big dance.  Thought they would have a great chance for an at large bid if they won their last two games. Just dont see it now.

259971[/snapback]

NIT, here we come. That's still pretty good considering where this program was two years ago. At least let's win Saturday vs. Kent and secure a bye in the MAC tourney. I wonder if UB will make on ESPN again?

PTR

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology  check it out, we're on there.  I'll be routing for them saturday while i'm on the road down to richmond va for a job fair.  Go Bulls!

260013[/snapback]

In reality, unless nearly every conference tourney is won by a "lock", the Bulls have no shot. The commitee has already stated both that the RPI has changed AND it will be relying less upon it this year. UB's high RPI will not save them since there is no way they can be defended as being "better" or "more deserving" than teams like Georgia Tech, Texas, Notre Dame, and UCLA (although I could at least listen to that one). Even fellow MAC member Akron has a better resume than the Bulls (higher RPI, better conference record, 6-5 vs. the RPI top 100 [uB is 4-8], head-to-head victory).

In short, even a victory against Akron and a run to the MAC finals LIKELY wont be enough for the Bulls. There are too many mid-majors with strong RPIs this year compared to normal. In the end, the Bulls don't belong anyway. They are a good team, and definately NIT worthy, but not one of the top 30-40 teams in the country.

Well with this loss on the road I think they will need to win the conference tourney to make the big dance.  Thought they would have a great chance for an at large bid if they won their last two games. Just dont see it now.

259971[/snapback]

*AHEM*

To say anything in this thread would really be like gloating....

:ph34r:

^^^So you dont think if they win the MAC tourney their gonna make it? Or their out if they only make to the finals? I dont know, either way i think your wrong.

261645[/snapback]

They are in if they win the MAC tourney, it's an automatic bid. Anything short of that would be hoping for an at large which I agree is highly unlikely.