RIP Anthony Young (Former MLB Pitcher)

Gugny

Sad news, RIP.

He did have terrible luck during the streak, but IIRC he was on the hook for #28 when the Mets rallied to win in the bottom of the tenth for him.

That is one hell of a memory!!!! Nice!!!

He was always a classy guy who had bad luck. Actually the fact that he lost 27 games in a row without being demoted is impressive.

Durring that stretch he really wasn't all that bad. He even had a handful of games he pitched very well in. He was, more than anything else, incredibly unlucky.

That is one hell of a memory!!!! Nice!!!

Funny the details we remember. Thanks for the link - awesome video. Wasn't much to cheer about in those days at Shea so not surprising they went bananas for Young.

Funny the details we remember. Thanks for the link - awesome video. Wasn't much to cheer about in those days at Shea so not surprising they went bananas for Young.

It is. I have one memory that I will never shake. It was during the 2000 World Series run. Benny Agbayani caught a lazy infield fly and tossed it into the stands on his way to the dugout. Problem was, that was only out number two. No harm, no foul. But it was funny. I loved the Valentine era. Loved it.

It is. I have one memory that I will never shake. It was during the 2000 World Series run. Benny Agbayani caught a lazy infield fly and tossed it into the stands on his way to the dugout. Problem was, that was only out number two. No harm, no foul. But it was funny. I loved the Valentine era. Loved it.

Same here, but a shame they couldn't build more talent around Piazza.

Speaking of Benny, if you ever need to test a Mets fan's credentials, make them name the starting OF in the 2000 WS.