My music related day.....

Philly is lucky to have radio station WXPN as a local resource, it's a listener supported station that focuses on singer-songwriter musicians. They host a free at noon show every week. It's exactly what it sounds like, a musician/group is traveling through the area, or just simply wants to play, they play from noon to 12:40(on air) in front of 5-600 people. This week is their non-commvention which brings together public radio music stations from across the country and they put on live shows wed-fri, as a result, this week we get 2 free at noons. Today was Nancy and Beth, which turns out to be a group fronted by Megan Mulally of Will and Grace fame and husband of Nick Offerman(Ron Swanson). They play a killer 25 minute set and who appears from my left, but Ron Swanson beating a bass drum and strutting across stage......fabulous show.......but then comes the main event...

The Pixies...second time I have seen them at a free at noon show.....I was 2.5 feet from Black Francis and it was incredible. I think my ears are still bleeding. They put on a 40 minute show, mostly from their new album Head Carrier.

Tomorrow is Paul Shaffer and the Worlds Most Dangerous Band. I am holding out hope that Bill Murray shows up as he did the vocals on their most recent single. Cannot wait to see Paul, Anton Fig, Bones Malone et al.

I'll miss the music scene here when we leave. All Palm Springs has is The Desert Gay Men's Choir and the Octogenarian Octet

Will you be joining up? What's an octet plus one? :)

Come to think of it, they probably have a lot of "turnover".