Lots of early interests from other teams

JP-era

I wonder if there is a blockbuster move in the making.

The Bills said absolutely jack squat about any interest in McGahee prior to drafting him. The reason may have been that they felt another team would take him above them if they showed any interest. I wonder if this is the same. Lots of talk about this guy to this team, etc...Nothing on the number 1 TE out there, Franks. Is he in Buffalo already? getting a physical? Is there a monster trade in the works that, if announced, other teams will overbid for whoever? I wonder if its a big name LT.

Hmmmm, I sense that something is up and that we will be very impressed.

I have a few sleeper moves:

Signing a stud LB and switching to the 3, 4.

Signing a big name WR, and having a bigtime vertical game. That would also lessen the blow if Moulds's production starts to diminish.

Signing a big name CB when Clements is set to be out there next year.

And of course a big trade for a stud LT, something MUCH above the Shelton deal.

The Bills said absolutely jack squat about any interest in McGahee prior to drafting him. The reason may have been that they felt another team would take him above them if they showed any interest. I wonder if this is the same. Lots of talk about this guy to this team, etc...Nothing on the number 1 TE out there, Franks. Is he in Buffalo already? getting a physical? Is there a monster trade in the works that, if announced, other teams will overbid for whoever? I wonder if its a big name LT.

Hmmmm, I sense that something is up and that we will be very impressed.

I have a few sleeper moves:

Signing a big name WR, and having a bigtime vertical game. That would also lessen the blow if Moulds's production starts to diminish.

258854[/snapback]

Which "stud" LBs are you thinking?? The only UFA LBs I can think of who would be classified as "studs" (and that's a big reach) are Trotter and Kendrell Bell. I don't think either of them are coming here. As far as stud CBs go, there's Law and Ken Lucas and it's probably safe to say TD isn't going after either of them.

Which "stud" LBs are you thinking??  The only UFA LBs I can think of who would be classified as "studs" (and that's a big reach) are Trotter and Kendrell Bell.  I don't think either of them are coming here.  As far as stud CBs go, there's Law and Ken Lucas and it's probably safe to say TD isn't going after either of them.

258894[/snapback]

Sounds like more of a wish list to me. Or maybe it's for his fantasy team! :)

258854[/snapback]

I would not think we would switch to a 3-4 as Grey has never played(i think) or coached that scheme.

Going to a big time vertical game would have suited Drews skills more than JP in my opinion, only because no matter what his faults, Drew can still throw a beautiful long ball

Who would you want to trade for a big time LT. McGahee? Spikes? would need to be someone pretty well thought of as an All Pro at his position to lock up a stud LT. The only guy I hear who is even being considered to be traded is Pettigot form the Giants.

Which "stud" LBs are you thinking??  The only UFA LBs I can think of who would be classified as "studs" (and that's a big reach) are Trotter and Kendrell Bell.  I don't think either of them are coming here.  As far as stud CBs go, there's Law and Ken Lucas and it's probably safe to say TD isn't going after either of them.

258894[/snapback]

LB Simmons was release by the Seahawks

Well it worked in Madden 2004.....

258916[/snapback]

Except in Madden 2004, he was able to pick up Ray Lewis and Donnie Edwards to solidify that glaring hole at LB as well as Chris McAlister and Champ Bailey for insurance at CB...you know, just incase Clements leaves next season.

258894[/snapback]

Samari Rolle and Fred Smoot are in the mix for the best CBs available in FA.

Both are young and excellent ball hawkers.

That's right. Because the media isn't reporting anything, the BILLS front office staff is obviously holding their annual Euchre tournament instead of trying to make the team better.

The invention of the microwave has hastened the demise of the human race.

Samari Rolle and Fred Smoot are in the mix for the best CBs available in FA.

Both are young and excellent ball hawkers.

258931[/snapback]

The point is, it's pretty much safe to say that neither are coming here. Rolle is practically a Redskin already and the Cowboys and Giants are showing serious interest in Smoot.

Rolle is 28.

258955[/snapback]

Well, 29 when the season starts :) .Freakin whippersnapper in my eyes, but starting to get a little long in the tooth for the NFL, . I think I remember what 29 felt like. Plus you give him15M upfront, he has to play for at least 4 years, making 33 in his last year.

I jus do not get the Skins. Gota dude who is playing pretty well, plays hurt, been loyal to the squad, played for 3 differant DCs in 4 years, and you want to pay a guy who is almost 4 yrs older more to come in from another team. After all, we all saw what that got the Bills when they signed Robinson