100 years left says Stephen Hawking

Hawking's opinion on the matter is no more or less valuable than mine, or anyone else's.

Wasn't he recently saying that it would be AI that will do us in in 100 years? That's what I though the linked article would be about until I read it.

Wasn't he recently saying that it would be AI that will do us in in 100 years? That's what I though the linked article would be about until I read it.

Yes.

Previously he said that we were risking our species' fate by so openly broadcasting our signals to (possible) aggressive ET civilizations out there in the cosmos. But I don't think he put a dead line on that one.

But to me, whatever gets us to move faster towards becoming an interplanetary species is just a means to an end.

Yes.

Previously he said that we were risking our species' fate by so openly broadcasting our signals to (possible) aggressive ET civilizations out there in the cosmos. But I don't think he put a dead line on that one.

But to me, whatever gets us to move faster towards becoming an interplanetary species is just a means to an end.

Yes but you will be red shirted.