Broncos rescind season tickets

This is really messy and a curtain that they don't want to pull back. It can be a slippery slope. Most teams have partnerships with the larger ticket brokers in the country. One of the groups is actually in Denver. Some of these groups have over 1,000 season tickets. As a rough estimate your "partner brokers" probably account for maybe 5-7.5% of your season ticket base. You can certainly replace them with regular fans but they are committed regardless of record and opponent (which is why teams embrace them). They also help control the market and provide valuable data as to what the market will pay.

Also, teams love to grandstand like this and make fans think that they are only concerned about "real fans." The reality is they are cutting deals left and right to get rid of hard to move inventory (maybe not in their case).

Exactly. As you probably know, these big brokers are called aggregators. The teams are taking all the tickets from small brokers or just people selling off games, and they sell them to these aggregators - so that it's not a free market and the team/aggregator sets the market as much as possible.

It's such a scam that the writer doesn't write about it - and therefore we have four pages of people saying things in line with "victory for the little man" when in fact it is just the opposite.

Do you know they are using it or just pretending you do to bash them?

Here's a Bucs season ticket holder who had his tickets taken away, without warning, for selling on the team's ticket exchange.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/season-ticket-holder-upset-bucs-revoked-his-tickets

Scalping is awesome...I could not go to almost any, and I mean any, away NFL game if people are not allowed to sell tickets on the secondary.

Makes me feel like we live in Mother Russia.

I've been to the World Series and the NBA Finals because of it. I never thought I'd be doing those. And, I never thought I'd go The Masters or Lambeau - but those are on my list now.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure there are some legitimate fans that for some reasons or another could not make it for a season, the team should have a review and not strictly impose this policy.

Did you read the article? Or just respond to fellow scalpers who want to jack up the prices to unsuspecting consumers?

Careful consideration was given to each inquiry, including a review of previous account activity and any documentation that may have been provided, Smyth told The Post.

So they weed out individual ticket resellers to get people off the waiting list. To the tune of 400 seats for a 75,000 person waiting list. That's one half of one percent of the waiting list.

Meanwhile, per Kirby (who knows what he is talking about with regards to the ticket sales business) relationships are maintained with large-scale ticketbrokers who can control ~1,000 seats?

Yeah, anyone with a calculator and half a brain can tell that's some horsesh*t PR right there. This isn't exactly a magnanimous move by the Broncos.

No, it's not. But, the poster above this one buys into this crap.

Here's a Bucs season ticket holder who had his tickets taken away, without warning, for selling on the team's ticket exchange.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/season-ticket-holder-upset-bucs-revoked-his-tickets

Good Lord, that's stupid! Fans don't make a profit on TicketExchange, and the League encourages STH to use it. So this guy gets yanked for that? The story is kind of light on details. Guy claimed he only sold tickets in the approved way, but I wonder if the team would dispute that. If teams ever actually revoked tix from STH's who sell more than half their games on TE, then a huge percentage of the entire league's STH would lose their tickets. if the Bucs are worried about opposing team's fans going to games in Tampa, maybe they should improve the team so that more Bucs fans are on the waiting list, and will buy those tix offered on TE before opposing fans do.