Trade Down from #10 Critics- Reverse the Situation

I personally think the only player in this draft worth two first round picks was Miles Garrett. We did well.

Right, and somebody gave US a first round pick so they could reach for a qb. Flip the script, we trade 2 1st's for a not even first round talent prospect and we would be the clowns of the draft, but Reid does it and he's a genius... Lol

Mahomes is a project with a high ceiling. But if he fails to become a franchise qb, which is quite likely, the Chiefs have set themselves back. I know the Bills need to draft and develop a qb, but this guy has a lot of question marks for #10 overall and in a better qb class would most likely never be valued this high. Just have to wait and see..

When apples are ripe, you pick apples, not oranges just because you want oranges. This looks like apple season to me. If you don't need apples, you set yourself up to pick oranges when they are ripe. Essentially that's what happened last night.

Unless you can pick unripe oranges cheaper and wait for them.

Edited by Jigsaw2112

I rest my case

watch this video with the KC GM. He talks about how he had a gentleman's agreement with our GM a week out before this trade was made. See how this whole thing went down. See why the QB position is the most important commodity there is and how to value it

Great video.

http://www.chiefs.co...28-51f0998d6c5d

I call BS. I was listening to Sirus this morning and Reid was getting bashed because he falls in love with certain players regardless of rating. As for as an agreement with our GM, Mcdermott calls the shots period. The KC GM Might have talked with Whaley, but you can bet McDermott made the decision

I rest my case

watch this video with the KC GM. He talks about how he had a gentleman's agreement with our GM a week out before this trade was made. See how this whole thing went down. See why the QB position is the most important commodity there is and how to value it

Great video.

http://www.chiefs.co...28-51f0998d6c5d

You're pretty funny

Mahomes is a project with a high ceiling. But if he fails to become a franchise qb, which is quite likely, the Chiefs have set themselves back. I know the Bills need to draft and develop a qb, but this guy has a lot of question marks for #10 overall and in a better qb class would most likely never be valued this high. Just have to wait and see..

When apples are ripe, you pick apples, not oranges just because you want oranges. This looks like apple season to me. If you don't need apples, you set yourself up to pick oranges when they are ripe. Essentially that's what happened last night.

Unless you can pick unripe oranges cheaper and wait for them.

I like this logic. QB is so important in the modern NFL that's it's hard to win without a good one, and hard not to win with a great one. But there are very few great ones, and not that many good ones either. I do think that the Bills have historically not invested enough in the QB position, but there's a balance to be struck. Cleveland hasn't done too well by drafting Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden, and Brady Quinn in the first round the last 10 years.

This year struck me as a lot like 2011, except without Cam Newton. Teams talked themselves into Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, and Christian Ponder in the top 12 picks. Time will tell on this QB class.

For me it is the coaching though. Reid gets a lot of credit for Favre who is one of the comps you hear regularly for Mahomes. It is part of why I can see them liking him so much and also why I feel it is such a good landing spot for him.

if our coaches are lower tier at qb development, thats going to be a bit of a major problem.

im not saying i believe that but we have a pretty good offensive cast of talent. if other teams can develop guys we cant at qb though.....