Just what happened t Peters.

Greybeard

and I don't mean he was cut, I know. But wasn't he the TE who was suppose to be a mid round draft pick, then fell undrafted. We sign him with big asperations, and it seems he just couldn't cut it. So why were all the draft boards wrong about him???

And if he failed as a TE, was he so bad he coudn't play tackle?

And if he failed as a TE,  was he so bad he coudn't play tackle?

19290[/snapback]

I'd have to redig up his combine numbers but he might not have the strength to play tackle. Not to mention he has to learn the position. I'm sure another team might give him another look but I have a feeling Peters will never have much of an NFL career as he is a man without a position.

I'd have to redig up his combine numbers but he might not have the strength to play tackle. Not to mention he has to learn the position. I'm sure another team might give him another look but I have a feeling Peters will never have much of an NFL career as he is a man without a position.

19309[/snapback]

Yup. That's exactly it. Peters was too physically slow to play TE and too mentally slow to learn the OL.

I have also heard it said that on the good side he had incredibly soft hands and great speed for a behemoth his size, it was actually picking up the TE blocking duties which was part of his problems. On a team which plans to run alot and with a crowded TE position with TE Trafford making the team as an H-back, Peters was a goner for making the team.

If he is not signed or does not defect to NYG or some team with fewer TEs he still may be a development guy on the expanded PS.

Agree with Practice Squad.

Early on, was considered a RD #4-5 TE with soft hands and quick feet. After the combine and the Wonderlics, he sank to RD#7 material, and everyone passed on him. I'd like to see him get 2 years to memorize the playbook, and see how he does for us in the Red Zone.

Early on, was considered a RD #4-5 TE with soft hands and quick feet. After the combine and the Wonderlics, he sank to RD#7 material, and everyone passed on him. I'd like to see him get 2 years to memorize the playbook, and see how he does for us in the Red Zone.

19377[/snapback]

I'm afraid it would have to a very simplified playbook on the order of : ''See spot block. You block Spot. See Jason run over Spot.' That Wonderlic score indicates shoe-tieing might be a difficult task.

and I don't mean he was cut, I know.  But wasn't he the TE who was suppose to be a mid round draft pick, then fell undrafted.  We sign him with big asperations, and it seems he just couldn't cut it.  So why were all the draft boards wrong about him???

And if he failed as a TE,  was he so bad he coudn't play tackle?

19290[/snapback]

Apparently, he's dumb as a stump.....

Dumber 'na bag a hammers....

Stupid as a mud fence......

19377[/snapback]

Only 2 years to memorize the playbook!? :w00t: What happens if Mularkey decides to add a few new plays? That's at least several extra months of mental training right there. Don't forget on top of all this he also needs to learn the names of the coaches, the address to the Bills organization, the sequential letters on the back of his jersey, etc... Give the guy at least 5 years...ok set the max limit to 10 years. No more.

Tight end is a pretty demanding position, not only physically but mentally. You have to know how to block and be aware of blocking schemes. You have to learn the pass plays in the playbook;m routes, reads, techniques for juking DBs to get open, weak spots in the zone for underneath routes etc. When you've got a guy who is both academically challenged and very raw (Peters is both) you're going to have to wait a long time before he can be brought fully into the offence. I think it mainly comes down to the Bills not wanting to use a roster spot on a guy who's going to be that much of a project.

'Zackley what I heard down in Arkansas...not the sharpest knife in the drawer...

Dumber 'an a box a rocks....

50 cards short of a full deck...

:w00t:

Apparently, he's dumb as a stump.....

Dumber 'na bag a hammers....

Stupid as a mud fence......

19386[/snapback]