Instant starter + 1st and 3rd Rd picks = Success

I think it was a team effort, but the connection between Andy Reid and McD is undeniable. There is a trust level there that certainly was a factor in allowing this trade to happen.

A lot of people on this board were putting together DREAM scenarios that included the Bills acquiring a 2018 R1 pick.................and Whaley/McD/others made it happen.

Next year's QB class is supposed to be much more talented than this year's group. If anything, give the Bills credit for being patient this year and making an excellent move to improve the overall talent of the team.

Yup! For anyone saying we got no value, the Browns were at 12, moved to 25 and got just a 2018 1st rounder.

We were 2 spots higher and moved 2 spots lower but also go a 3rd round,top 100 pick aND in a draft like this,that has a little bit more value , just knowing how many studs will still be available, great trade, great start to what is hopefully an epic draft

Okay I wouldn't set the bench mark for the Bills at out maneuvering the Browns. I didn't like it at first, thought we should took Howard or Hooker at 10 & then I thought we should of took Foster @ 27 but it is what is I guess. White seems like a player so I guess I am okay with it.

BTW, I was at the draft party last night & I ran into my friends father in law. He works for the bills. He told me the scouts are getting canned next week. Said he wasn't sure about Whaley though.

Instant starter means nothing in th NFL. That doesn't mean they are good just because they start.

The Bills have lots of bad starters. Mills was a starter does that make him good? No he is terrible. Henderson started his entire rookie year and was the worst linemen in the NFL that year. But he was an "instant starter".

And just because he might start doesn't mean much when we have one of the worst secondaries in the league at the moment.

Instant starter means nothing in th NFL. That doesn't mean they are good just because they start.

The Bills have lots of bad starters. Mills was a starter does that make him good? No he is terrible. Henderson started his entire rookie year and was the worst linemen in the NFL that year. But he was an "instant starter".

And just because he might start doesn't mean much when we have one of the worst secondaries in the league at the moment.

I say that meaning that I think he will prosper as a starter. Even if it's mainly as the slot cb in the nickel.

Everywhere I look. Every scouting report talks about him having elite coverage. Bring able to mirror his WR , has great versatility and ball skills as well... And this was against elite SEC talent, for 4 years!!

Even his weaknesses on his scouting report aren't exactly too weak..

"The biggest concerns with White are his top-end speed and hand usage. White doesnt show elite speed or the ability to recover. Its tough to really gauge his speed because hes rarely out of position. His instincts keep him in proper position the majority of the time.

White tends to use his hands too much in coverage. He needs to learn to run with the receiver and avoid contact. This issue may lead to a high number of pass interference or holding calls early in Whites NFL career"

He might lack top end elite speed but his instincts and technique make up for it in a big way, I feel thesame about Ragland, for the record. And the hand touching can be fixed.

He lacks elite speed but has a very good burst, and is extremely quick in short spaces, which one can argue is better than having great top end speed

I think we got not only a starter, but a very good one. And this secondary as a whole is shaping up to be very interesting with tons of potential and young talent. Let's see Frazier coach these boys up and we can have a helluva secondary

Lattimore is a incredible talent....but Hamstrings are chronic

Care to lay a wager he is starting opening day (barring injury)?

I'll double that bet!His versatility is fantastic.

I'm already envisioning him at slot, Hyde at S on same side, going to cause QB''s problems. Both ball hawks, great instincts and will allow Buffalo to get extremely creative given their versatility. This secondary as a WHOLE impresses me. Ton of upside, time will tell...

I say that meaning that I think he will prosper as a starter. Even if it's mainly as the slot cb in the nickel.

Everywhere I look. Every scouting report talks about him having elite coverage. Bring able to mirror his WR , has great versatility and ball skills as well... And this was against elite SEC talent, for 4 years!!

Even his weaknesses on his scouting report aren't exactly too weak..

"The biggest concerns with White are his top-end speed and hand usage. White doesnt show elite speed or the ability to recover. Its tough to really gauge his speed because hes rarely out of position. His instincts keep him in proper position the majority of the time.

White tends to use his hands too much in coverage. He needs to learn to run with the receiver and avoid contact. This issue may lead to a high number of pass interference or holding calls early in Whites NFL career"

He might lack top end elite speed but his instincts and technique make up for it in a big way, I feel thesame about Ragland, for the record. And the hand touching can be fixed.

He lacks elite speed but has a very good burst, and is extremely quick in short spaces, which one can argue is better than having great top end speed

I think we got not only a starter, but a very good one. And this secondary as a whole is shaping up to be very interesting with tons of potential and young talent. Let's see Frazier coach these boys up and we can have a helluva secondary

Don't know where you came up with all that fantasy stuff about him?

He is good in press gets lost in space when in off coverage. He went from just solid to elite over night some how according to you. Lol

His 2015 year was terrible. He had 114+ QB rating against him. He had a good senior year but there is nothing elite about anything he does. You say his ball skills are great but he only had 6 career ints in 4 years that isn't great ball skills.

He isn't physical lacks strength. Is weak against the run doesn't like to tackle against the run. NFL.coms draft profile even says he shouldn't be an every down player because his weak physicality against the run and says he may contend for a nickel spot.

But he is elite according to you.

Your read up on White and he's a 4 year starter that is basically ready to jump in on day 1 and perform at a high level.. Seymour-Darby-White is looking like a trio that could realistically emerge as a very good trio of CBS and upgrade the group even with the loss of Gilmore. He's versatile too, Micha Hyde, two guys that can turn into stars in this system.And they'd be together for at least 3 years.

Oh and you get a 3rd and a 1st next year!

Straight business, building for now and the future. Whaley and Co get an A for this pick. ..Thoughts?

I will believe more when Seymour shows more (he was basically red shirted last year), Darby gets over sophomore slump and White shows something in NFL not college.