ok...should we throw in a pick for Shelton?

I can't see how the Raiders could pick up anyone in free agency with Moss coming in they still have to make more cuts or restructure. Henry is cap friendly and makes the most sense. Jordan is going to command good money otherwise the Jets may re-sign him.

No one is offering a 2nd rounder for Shelton according to various reports. If TD wants Shelton, he will get him for a 3rd rounder, provided Henry is not involved. This also makes you believe Shelton is not the answer at LT and that Big Mike is probably moving over there if we get Shelton.

Various sources are reporting the Raiders will be signing LaMont Jordan.  That would leave Oakland out of the mix (obviously) in the whole Travis Henry discussion.

258492[/snapback]

Raiders have no cap room for Moss let alone an unrestricted free agent like Jordan who will be getting a look from the cap strapped Dolphins as well. If he can be had for cheap the Jets will re-sign him.

i dont agree in giving them anything more then henry for shelton..  2 weeks ago half of you were saying henry for shelton was lopsided and we need more compensation...get your sh-- straight people

258580[/snapback]

Not me. I said it will take a 1st to get Shelton or Henry and a 2nd or 3rd.

I still don't think he goes to Arizona. Although I could care less where he goes, it would make the deal to get Shelton easier. But it looks like Oakland if they can't sign Jordan will trade for Henry. Else SF will probably give us something for him.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when MM and TD talk to McNally about what the options are. I'm sure there is a plan A, B, C, D and E on the table for the OL.

Shelton represents only 1 of those options, and he could be anywhere from option A to option E in the minds of the brain trust.

Having said this, I see some value in filling a hole early on in the FA period. I would offer a low round pick (6-7) in addition to TH but nothing more. I suspect TH's stock is falling with the draft approaching.

I can totally see TD pulling this off. Before i read your post, I was going to say that Mr Poker-face will GET a 6th or 7th rounder + Shelton for Henry from the Cards. People may argue against any of TD's skills but one thing is for sure - he is a great negotiator.

258517[/snapback]

that won't happen :) there is no way

I can totally see TD pulling this off. Before i read your post, I was going to say that Mr Poker-face will GET a 6th or 7th rounder + Shelton for Henry from the Cards. People may argue against any of TD's skills but one thing is for sure - he is a great negotiator.

258517[/snapback]

Too bad he can't seem to negotiate a playoff birth!

:)

I can't see how the Raiders could pick up anyone in free agency with Moss coming in they still have to make more cuts or restructure.  Henry is cap friendly and makes the most sense.  Jordan is going to command good money otherwise the Jets may re-sign him.

258533[/snapback]

That would propel us from fast to ludicrous speed.

More info on Shelton. Si has him listed as one of the 10 best Free agents even though he isn't. Banks states this. Again, if TD some how gets it done, this would be a great pickup IMHO.

Please note that neither the Jennings nor our "non-FA" Henry is listed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...ency/index.html

It is on the second page.

L.J. Shelton, offensive tackle -- Yes, we know Shelton is not a free agent. The Cardinals are making him available via trade, and aren't likely to release him if one does not materialize. But for prospective suitors, there's a lot to like about the sixth-year veteran. He's on the block because he got in head coach Dennis Green's doghouse, but he's only 29, plays a pretty fair left tackle, and makes a very manageable $3 million per year. That's pretty low risk on all the key fronts.