CALL NASA - intelligent life has landed in Buffalo

theRalph

I thought it was a good trade giving us ammunition to trade up and get either Darnold (wishful thinking), Rosen, or Allen next year. All of which right now at least our better prospects than any of the QB's selected yesterday. We may not even have to trade up for Rosen or Allen. I would of preferred Rueben Foster who was a beast for Alabama last year and then picked a CB in the 2nd round. White still may have been there. I'm not a scout though so like always I'll put my trust in people that know a hell of a lot more than I do about prospects.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I look at it, while from a points standpoint Buffao's 1st gained in the trade gets reduced to a 2nd, next year If and when a trade occurs Buffalo's extra 1st becomes a bargaining chip most teams can't compete with without Buffalo being forced to give up anything the following year/draft.

If next years draft is more lucrative / better draft class per team needs the trade becomes even more beneficial in my humble opinion.

The way I look at it, while from a points standpoint Buffao's 1st gained in the trade gets reduced to a 2nd, next year If and when a trade occurs Buffalo's extra 1st becomes a bargaining chip most teams can't compete with without Buffalo being forced to give up anything the following year/draft.

If next years draft is more lucrative / better draft class per team needs the trade becomes even more beneficial in my humble opinion.

Agreed. Having draft capital is potentially important for next year. Plus this year the difference between pick 10 and 27 isn't as bad as years prior.

Here's an interesting link that shows how trades can be evaluated from a basic level:

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Buf