Dareus play will make or break this Defense

Could someone help explain why there is a consensus that we need linebackers (or that the backers we have don't fit the scheme). I know Ragland is a thumper, but can he play the weak side? Who will start in the middle, if he can't? if Ragland starts in the middle, can Brown play weekside? I'm just confused.

i think the consensus is that we need a faster LB to play WLB. Would have been Zach Brown had he stayed. I think Ragland will be the MLB and Preston SLB. We do have Lorax but I don't see him being the full time WLB. Humber is a depth guy imo. Edited by YoloinOhio

Considering the biggest problem on our D last year was the run

It makes perfect sense that our best potential run stopping DT and run stopping MLB will make or break our D this year

Common sense actually

I believe Coach M already said Ragland will start inside

That leaves Lorax and a draft pick pending playing outside

Everyone else including Brown is depth

I have to think we will draft potentially two OLB's this weekend

jc

I feel the seem way about Reggie Ragland

To me this draft pick, yet to play a single NFL game, is gonna make or break our D in 2017

After-all we traded up for him, he's a 2nd rounder, with a first round pedigree

If the guy can really stop the run, its a game changer for us

jc

I felt this way since before the draft last year. I wanted him in rd 1. I just feel his game will translate perfectly to the NFL level and he will be a huge asset to this D.

His instincts make up for his lack of speed that many claim he has. He is willing to sell out to make a play on every down and he's a natural leader.

I also love Shaq and Washington in a 43.