Possible QB run could work in Bills favor.

My impression of many who want to defer qb till next year is that 1) most are severely underrating this qb class; those who aren't view them as at best a 1 in 3 chance to be good whilst viewing next year's top qbs as 1 in 2 or better and 2) they assume Taylor will prove to be a good qb and it won't be an issue or he will flop and our bad record will allow us to trade up or take a qb next year without needing to do so.

It may be a tired response, but I still think the 2018 class, like almost every class "next year," benefits from lack of scrutiny. Maybe Darnold and Rosen and the Wyoming qb Allen are really good, maybe they will regress; nobody really knows. Unless you finish worst or second worst and draft at the very top, you likely aren't trading up for a top qb. The teams in those spots will take them unless SF takes a qb this year and still finishes near worst (which is possible).

So, I find it ironic that advocates for "being sensible" and filling holes with less risky, more immediate impact players now are also largely buying in to "selling the farm" next year to get the qb they likely won't have an opportunity to purchase in any event. Won't the team have holes that need filling next year as well?

The bottom line is if you judge a qb has real potential to be a franchise qb and you are in a position to draft him this year, it is utterly foolish to go in a different direction. We have tried the "different direction" for two decades and it has gotten us 1999 and counting.

Edited by Dr. Who

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic