So Who Backs up Schobel now?

BuffaloBob

It makes me wonder if they intend to possibly fill this position with someone cut, or if they bring back McKenzie at the vet min (if he was not there already).  Or will they slide someone over from the left side.

19246[/snapback]

That is exactly what I was thinking. I think we are now something like $2.5 million under the cap with the Gildon cut. Ritzmann is practice squad material and nothing more. If Schobel goes down to injury, kiss our pass rush goodbye.

The Bills might want to take a look at 2nd year player Elton Paterson, although I'm pretty sure the Bengals want to sign him to their PS.

19269[/snapback]

That doesn't matter. Any player on anyone's practiice squad can be plucked for a permanent roster position for any other team as far as I know.

I saw the Bears cut DE Claude Harriott, whom they drafted in the 5th round in a group of earlier cuts. He was a big time pass rush prospect as a junior at Pitt but go hurt and seemingly slowed down last year as a senior but might be worth giving a look. Of course he doesn't fit the current mold of high motor DEs we seem to have on the roster now.

That doesn't matter.  Any player on anyone's practiice squad can be plucked for a permanent roster position for any other team as far as I know.

19274[/snapback]

Really? I thought that they were only exposed to the waiver wire after they were cut and before they signed a PS contract. If what you say is so, then any talk about sneaking a player onto a PS, as some discussed regarding Jason Peters this week, was moot.

But if I could pluck a player from, lessee, 8 X 31 = 248 guys on the other NFL clubs PS's at any time... :w00t: